All the flavor and texture you need for a delicious twist on pancakes! Butterscotch Corn Cakes that are a healthy, gluten-free, & vegan breakfast for when you need a little something “extra” to start the day right!
***This post has been updated in June 2016. Original writing stands***
Happy “It’s Almost the Weekend” Thursday! I have a great post for you guys today so get siked! It includes my new favorite pancake recipe and an awesome giveaway. One of the best perks of being a blogger is that you get to connect and interact with so many great and wonderful companies. Yesterday it was Frieda’s, today it’s NuNaturals!
NuNaturals recently sent me a ton of products to try out and I was so excited! I had never tried any of their products, so everything was new to me. They are mostly known for their stevia which is right up my ally and the only sweetener I use. I have only used SweetLeaf Stevia before because they are free of all other nasty additives like many commercial brands of stevia include. However, I learned that NuNaturals has the same additive-free natural stevia products as well. Awesome? I think so!
I was so excited to try all of their flavored liquid stevias! I have only had vanilla and have always wanted a simple plain liquid stevia. This way it wouldn’t add any additional flavor, just sweetness. Of course, that was the first thing I decided to try! I also got a bit crazy and made one of the best pancake recipes! I think it rivals the PSPcakes!
Butterscotch Corn Cakes
- 3 TB All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 3 TB Stone Ground Cornmeal
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 TB Butternut Squash Puree (or Applesauce)*
- ½ Tsp Butterscotch Flavor
- 3-5 Drops of NuNaturals NuStevia
- ¼ Tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup + 1 TB Water
- Butterscotch Syrup:
- 2 TB Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ TB Vegan Buttery Spread* (melted)
- ¼ Tsp Butterscotch Flavor
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Then add your wet ingredients and stir until there are no lumps and you have smooth pancake batter.
- Heat a greased or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, pour half the batter in the center and smooth into a nice circle.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the edges look dry and little bubbles start to form on the surface. Then flip and cook an additional 2 minutes. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- To make the syrup, simply combine and mix the maple syrup, melted buttery spread, and flavoring.
- Plate the corn cakes and top with the syrup!
**I use Melt.
I love cornmeal in “pancakes”! The most perfect added texture and cornmeal seems to go so well with the butterscotch! It is one delicious combo to try!
So now the moment you all have been waiting for…THE GIVEAWAY! NuNaturals is offering to give FOUR lucky readers one bottle of each of the Lemon / Cherry Vanilla / Peppermint Flavored Stevia Liquids, PLUS a 50pkt box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets!
The giveaway is open WORLDWIDE, however, no PO boxes (just keep that in mind if your win!). The giveaway will be open until 11:59 February 5th and the winner will be announced on my post the next day February 6th. Just use the Rafflecopter below to enter! Good luck 🙂
So tell me:
+ Do you use Stevia? Yes, yes always and forever!
+ Do you like butterscotch flavor?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell
***Disclosure: NuNaturals provided me with these products to review and do a giveaway if I enjoyed them. I was not compensated to write this post and all opinions, thoughts, and recipes are my own and come form the heart!***