A classic with a twist! Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread with Maple Oat Crumble! A vegan, healthy, and more delicious way to bake your favorite summer quick bread recipe. Moist slices of zucchini bread with the comforting flavors of warm maple and oven-toasted oats!
I feel like I always start my posts off with “I have a confession…” But I do! Here it is. Even though I love zucchini and call it my favorite veggie, I’d never had actual zucchini bread (in quick bread form) before just a few months ago when I baked this recipe! I know, right? I feel like such a zucchini fraud! So I have no childhood memories of zucchini bread to tell you about, only “20-year-old” memories!
Funny connection, but I’m pretty sure I baked this bread the morning I came home from that farmer’s market trip when I picked up the patty pan squash for this recipe! Maybe I should have made patty pan bread? No, instead, I used the massive homegrown zucchini my mom had brought home from a coworker. I wanted to put that zucchini to good use in something special, so zucchini bread it was!
Now, I wanted to make a classic zucchini bread so I could get the full first experience. But, you know me, I had to play it up just a bit to give it that BAM, but still keep it simple. Two glorious and comforting things came to mind. Maple and a simple crumble topping! Who doesn’t like crumble? A little maple syrup and some gluten-free oats, the perfect way to play it up without taking over the zucchini show!
This also gives you that little intersection between summer and fall! Summer = zucchini and Fall = maple! Although for me, zucchini is year-round. I buy around 5 every week and no, they’ve never gone to waste! The one way that I’m not “that” big a fan of with zucchini is zoodles. I’d rather not. I’d rather spiralized beets or potatoes! But hey, to each his own 😉 And be prepared when you have this bread baking in the oven. The warming smell of maple will have you just wanting to cuddle up with this bread! It is so comforting! I could barely wait to take this bad boy out of the oven. Yes, you can say I am now a proud fan of zucchini bread!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread with Maple Oat Crumble
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1½ Cup Grated Zucchini (squeezed dry with a cheesecloth or towel)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Flax Egg (1 TB Milled Flax Seed + 3 TB Water)
- ¼ Cup Erythritol
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- For Crumble Topping:
- ½ Cup Gluten-Free Quick Oats*
- 1 TB Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Tsp Maple Extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all bread ingredients and mix well to form your bread batter.
- In an oiled 8x4 loaf pan, pour the batter in and smooth it out evenly.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the crumble topping ingredients and crumble it together with your hands. Then sprinkle the topping on top of the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake the bread in the oven for about 40 minutes. Remove and let cool before slicing. This bread also freezes well!
This zucchini bread is so yummy! A fantastic breakfast, brunch, snack, or super healthy dessert! I now understand why everyone just loves zucchini bread! It deserves to be a baking staple in every household!
So tell me:
+ Any other zucchini bread virgins out there?
+ Favorite way to eat zucchini? Chopped up raw!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell