An easy weeknight dinner recipe to satisfy your taco crazy in a healthy way! Gluten-Free and vegan Lentil Veggie Tacos are a great plant-based meal that will leave your feeling satisfied with the protein power of lentils!
Looking for a quick and easy taco recipe you can whip up in a flash? Why not some delicious Lentil Veggie Tacos! Plant-based protein and loaded with healthy veggies, you’ll be left feeling satisfied and energized!
Lentil Veggie Tacos
- ½ Cup Uncooked Brown Lentils
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 Celery Hearts (chopped)
- 1½ Cups Baby Portobella Mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ Cup Shredded Carrots
- 3 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- ½ TB Chili Powder
- ½ TB Dried Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Cumin
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne
- 6 Small White Corn Tortillas
- Begin to cook the lentils according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies.
- After the lentils have been cooking for 15 minutes, mash them and add the prepped veggies and spices.
- Cook the lentils and veggies together for the remainder of the cooking time or until all water is absorbed.
- For the tortillas, warm in a preheated oven at 450°F for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon on the lentil veggie mixture to your liking and enjoy!
Top however you’d like! Some guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, or vegan sour cream!
So tell me:
+ What’s one of your favorite taco fillings?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell