The heartiest & most incredible veggie burger! Without the meat, nuts, or grains, this chickpea based burger recipe, with kale and carrots, will get all meat-eaters on the plant-based train! Make these burgers for your next gluten-free & vegan family dinner!
***This post has been updated in July 2016. Original writing stands***
Have you ever eaten something that is just so amazing you have to stop mid-chew and contemplate what you just put in your mouth? Well, I can tell you these veggie burgers are the definition of that very moment. I’ve had many pre-made veggie burgers bought from the grocery. Most were gluten-free, vegan, good, quick, and easy, but once I discovered my soy-allergy they became a no-go. So what was a girl to do without her quick veggie burger option? Make her own!
The Incredible Veggie Burger
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chickpeas, chickpea flour, egg replacer, water and spices into a large food processor. Then add your raw veggies on top.
- Process and pulse the ingredients together. You may have to stop and scrape the sides about halfway through to make sure it is a well mixed and thick batter.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and make about 5 (or 6 smaller) palm-sized patties.
- Place the patties on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cook the burgers for 10 minutes on one side, flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes on the other side. Take them out and devour or let them cool before wrapping in wax paper and freezing them in a plastic bag. (Simple reheat in the microwave or toaster oven!)
Simple, easy, and one of my favorite lazy recipes to keep on hand in the freezer! These are so hearty and delicious; the chickpeas and chickpea flour really allow them to hold up in flavor and texture! These will always me my favorite and the most incredible veggie burger!
So tell me:
+ Have you ever made your own veggie burgers? Making your own is so easy, fun, healthy, and delicious!
+Do you have a favorite go-to recipe to keep stocked in the freezer?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell