No one has to miss out on delicious treats! This Double Stuffed Gluten-Free Mug Brownie dessert is allergy-free, vegan, and made right in the microwave in just a minute! A perfect size to share with a friend or eat the whole recipe yourself!
Just stop right there. Grab a chair and let this soak in for a moment. Take some deep breathes. This IS real…I know…I made it 😉 This crazy decadent treat is actually made with all healthy real food ingredients and “baked” right in that trusty microwave. It’s kind of all your chocolatey, brownie, and cake dreams come true. Swoon worthy and delicious, it’s big enough for 2, but you may be able to get away with keeping this one all for yourself 😉 I won’t judge!
Back in the day, okay, freshman year of college, I LIVED off mug cakes! Pancakes weren’t always feasible if I didn’t feel like trekking myself down to the communal kitchen and fighting the battle of major cross-contamination. I think I overdid it on the mug cakes that year and ever since, I haven’t made any, only on a super rare occasion. I got the itch while I was back at my college apartment last semester (with full kitchen) to rekindle the old love. Instead of a breakfast-style mug cake, I decided to make this one a bit more (a lot more) dessert-worthy!
Now, what makes this mug brownie even more special (besides being gluten-free, allergy-free, and vegan)? I made this bad boy DOUBLE stuffed! I used a Rule Breaker (formerly Pure Genius) Deep Chocolate Brownie to bake inside the actual mug brownie! I know…we’re getting pretty wild here! I was actually introduced to Rule Breaker a few years ago at the GFAF Expo, but really met up with this this past October. I wanted to share this recipe today because tomorrow, Rule Breaker will be coming on for a Freedom Feature! This is like the pre-game pep rally!
See the brownie center…in the brownie cake? It would make a hell’ova fun birthday cake surprise, if I do say so! Adding sprinkles on top is NOT optional, by the way. We need to add some fun festive color to this chocolate mug BROWNie 😉 I’d prefer brownies over cake on my birthday anyway, well, unless it’s carrot cake. It’s that intense love for chocolate, and really, who would pass up a Double Stuffed Gluten-Free Mug Brownie…on any celebratory day?
Double Stuffed Gluten-Free Mug Brownie (Allergy-Free, Vegan)
- In a bowl, mix together all the cake ingredients (except the Rule Breaker Brownie and sprinkles).
- Grease a 6oz ramekin and pour half the cake batter in.
- Cut the Rule Breaker Brownie in half and roll one half into a flat ball. Place the ball in the center of the cake batter in the ramekin and push it in a bit.
- Now pour the rest of the cake batter in the ramekin and cover the brownie ball.
- Microwave on high for 60-70 seconds (depending on the strength of your microwave you may need to add time).
- Remove the ramekin and flip it upside down to remove the mug brownie.
- Chop up the other half of the Rule Breaker Brownie to sprinkle over top of the mug brownie and finish the whole thing off with a dusting of colorful sprinkles.
Now that’s what I call a treat! A brownie cake with a brownie hidden inside…and sprinkled over the top! Grab your fork or spoon and DIG right on in! Honestly, I would share this, don’t try to eat this all yourself…even though it’s “ramekin-size”! Enjoy!
So tell me:
+ Mug cakes for breakfast or dessert-style?
+ Brownie or cake for birthdays? Actually…this kind of solves that problem…doesn’t it?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell