This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tropicana Essentials® Probiotics.
Your morning routine sets the course for the rest of your day. Make sure you’re implementing 11 of the best secrets for a successful morning routine so you can carry that success and confidence with you all day long!
Y’all know I love the morning…I am THE morning person. The “golden hours” as I call them are my favorite time of day. Over the years I’ve refined my morning routine to perfectly fit my needs, wants, ambitions, and success. A morning routine truly does set the tone for the entire day and that’s why it’s so important to develop one that will cultivate and bring you the confidence, success, and preparation you need every single day. I’m sharing 11 of my best secrets for a successful morning routine below so you can try some of these actions out and start implementing them so YOU can bring success into your life!
1. Prepare the Night Before – Every night, before I go to bed, I make sure everything is clean and tidy (in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc.). Waking up, knowing there’s no “stress clutter” is a must for peace of mind. I also look over my weekly planner and see what’s on the “to-do” list for the next day. I shift things around if something didn’t get done that day and just move it to the next. Knowing what I have planned on the schedule before I go to bed is a must; this way you can glance at your planner/list in the morning and know exactly what to do.
2. Keep It Seamless – If your momma didn’t teach you as a kid to set out your clothes for the next day the night before, prep your lunch to-go in the fridge, and have you bag ready to grab, you’re missing out on one of the easiest ways to reduce stress and “running late syndrome”. If you work from home like me or don’t have a “start time”, same rules apply! It makes everything easy and flowing smoothly.
3. Movement – 1, 2, 3, hop out of bed and start moving! My workout is the FIRST thing I do in the morning. I attribute this to the reason why I’m totally okay with waking up at 4am. Within the first few minutes my body is awake and the earliness doesn’t bother me. Pro tip: sleep in your workout clothes or if you have a home gym like me, I just sleep in a t-shirt and shorts. Super easy, I know exactly what I’m doing, I feel SO good and awake when I’m done, knowing I can relax and not worry about it the rest of the day!
4. Chug Water – My day can’t start without drinking 24 oz of water. Obviously, this is a must if I’ve just worked out and a must to take my medications, etc. It also just tops off the “waking of the body” and gets the internal system going. (If you’re wondering, I just drink plain room temperature water; none of this “hot water and lemon” trend).
5. Get Essential Easy Tasks Out of The Way – After I’ve finished my workout and before I go to the kitchen for breakfast, I get all the essential, easy, “nitty gritty” (kind of mindless) tasks done. For me this means checking emails, blog promotions/tasks for the day, etc. There is nothing difficult about these, but they must get done and it’s easier to get them out of the way and out of mind so I can focus on the more difficult work (i.e. school!) later. It’s those quick wins, a snowball effect, that keeps the productivity and “checklist crossing off” going all day!
6. Power Up The Microbiome – As convenient and delicious as pouring yourself a glass of the new Tropicana Essentials® Probiotics 100% juice, which in every 8 oz. serving has one billion live and active cultures to power up your gut! Plus, each serving provides your whole day’s worth of Vitamin C. You’ll be starting your day with a healthy digestive tract and immune system boost (perfect for the winter season!). There are 3 delicious flavors to choose from: Strawberry Banana, Pineapple Mango, and Peach Passion Fruit, all available in 32 oz bottles next to the other refrigerated juices at Walmart.
7. Have A Satisfying Breakfast – I am a firm believer in breakfast not being skipped. It fuels you for the entire day and gives your brain the power it needs to think clearly, focus, and help you be the success that I know you are! Have something that’s enjoyable, filling, nourishing, and eat in a relaxed way. No protein bars while driving the car. Sit down and calmly eat breakfast (I do this while reading!) Another reason why waking up earlier is key!
8. Reading – Whether it’s an actual book, the newspaper (do people still read those?), an email newsletter, online articles, etc., consuming some written content with intention is a great way to get the brain’s gears going. I love consuming the articles I have saved on the Pocket app and any newsletters full of content that come to my email.
9. Make The Bed – The peace of mind and satisfaction that comes with tidying up the bed before you leave the room is so rewarding. It’s a visual manifestation of not leaving the house in a rush and proves that you actually have a successful and productive morning routine. When you go to bed that night, your bed is nice and welcoming for a good night’s sleep without chaos.
10. Coffee After Breakfast – This is what we call “delayed gratification”. Nourish your body first (have your water and breakfast first), and allow your body to wake-up on its own before you douse it with caffeine and acid. It’s always been much more satisfying to “end my morning routine” with my pot of coffee. It seals the morning routine success in and lets the rest of the day progress.
11. Consistently Early-To-Rise – It’s one thing to wake-up early, it’s another thing to do it consistently every day. 7 days a week I wake-up either 3:30am or 4am. I’ve been doing this for years now and I would never change it. You don’t have to wake up as early as I do, but give yourself TIME to actually “wake-up” and do the things I’m suggesting in this post before rushing out the door to tackle the hurdles of the day. The morning is still part of the day, and most people squander those precious “quiet” hours when they could be made productive, fulfilling, and setting you up for ALL day success. Pro tip: If you want to start waking earlier, you need to go to sleep earlier and consistently as well and slowly set back your rising time a little each day. Little by little you’ll get to the hour you want on your alarm and it won’t be a “shock to the system”!
So tell me:
+ What are your secrets for a successful morning routine?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tropicana Essentials® Probiotics.