Everyone does these, “insert age” lessons or things learned posts around their birthday. So even though, kinda “cheesy” and commonplace in my mind, I still always enjoy reading them. As I’ll be turning 19 this coming Saturday, I sat down over the weekend and wrote out 19 little pieces of life wisdom I feel to be true. There’s a lot of wisdoms I could give you, even at the ripe young age of almost-19. Some of us learn a lot and very quickly due to how we grew-up. Some of us learn a bit later in life. Nonetheless, we will always be learning and evolving and the more we know at a young age, the more we can learn down the road. As I mention in #14, life = change. You will always be changing because of the learning, experiences, and growing that takes place. With each year you add on to your life, always take a moment to reflect back on those changes and realize just how crazy, difficult, and beautiful life is and can be.
19 Wisdoms Of Life
1. Every day should be treated as a gift.
2. The body was meant to move. The lungs were meant to breath. Move and breath.
3. Family. They’re the most important ones, so don’t let them go.
4. A hug is one of the greatest gifts.
5. Social media can destroy you and your time.
6. Don’t let anyone make you feel inferior about yourself, goals, or dreams.
7. Make your own choices, follow your own intuition.
8. Do something you love every day.
10. If you don’t like someone, let them go. Don’t “secretly” check up on them, “delete” them.
11. Cook real whole foods, with your own flare, every day, to nourish the soul, mind, body, and relish in nature’s beauty.
12. Before you say “no”, “never”, or give-up, you MUST try.
13. It’s okay to cry, cry a lot and be vulnerable. The one’s who love you will understand.
15. You can’t reverse time. You can’t take back time. Don’t waste it.
16. If you believe something about yourself, it’s true. Use that power wisely, don’t abuse it (or neglect it).
17. Everything comes to an end. Nothing lasts forever and things do work themselves out. Maybe not as you thought, but nothing will stay in perpetual “unknown”.
18. Don’t hide. It’s okay to be alone, it doesn’t mean your lonely, but don’t hide. You need someone real to love, to touch, to confide in.
19. You are a human being. That means you, and only you, have the power to define yourself as confident, strong, beautiful, happy, resilient, determined, motivated, loving, peaceful, creative, and anything else you want to be.
And with that, I only have 4 more days until my last “teen year” begins. It feels rather strange and I do not “feel” 19 years old. Even though I’ve been a very independent, mature “kid” my whole life, that’s just it. I still feel like a “kid”. There is no line where adulthood starts and childhood ends. You just begin adopting and adapting to adult things and slowly lose the kid things. I don’t think we ever are one or the other. We are always gaining and losing in this journey we call life.
So tell me:
+ Share one piece of life wisdom below!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell