From fledgling home bakers to professional pastry chefs, some baking essentials are a must-have all around. With the right 25 must-have tools and a little practice, everyone will be whisking their way to baking greatness.
I think this is a timely post, don’t you? After my discussion about baking yesterday and the holiday gift buying season underway, chatting about some baking essentials seems like a good idea! I also wanted to semi-continue my cooking tools series that I started in the summer (and totally failed on delivering again) with my top 15 kitchen prep tools. Plus, putting these kind of lists together is kind of fun! Everyone loves browsing gift guides and top product list posts, right? I know I do! So now that I like to include “baker” in my title, I’ve made a list of what I think are the 25 essentials for any level baker to have!
25 Must-Have Baking Essentials
1. Set of Mixing Bowls – You need a good set of mixing bowls. Enough said!
2. Set of Magnetic Measuring Spoons – I love that these are magnetic!
3. Set of Magnetic Measuring Cups – Same as the spoons, these cups stick together as well!
4. OXO Angled Liquid Measuring Cup – In baking, measuring liquid with the correct cup can either mean a success or a fail!
5. OXO Good Grips Whisk – You much whisk to mix! (Or if you’re lazy like me, I sometimes end up just using a fork 😉 )
6. OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop – For accurate cookie measuring so you end up with equal size cookies! (Unlike me and my laziness…see above.)
7. Silicone Spatulas – These are great for smoothing out the tops of poured batters as well as getting every last bit of batter out of the mixing bowl!
8. Angled Icing Spatula – You want a pretty iced and smooth cake? Use the right tool!
9. Classic Wooden Rolling Pin – Roll that dough! Tip: if your dough is sticky, place it on a piece of parchment, cover with another piece, and then use the rolling pin!
10. Handheld Dough Blender & Pastry Cutter – If you don’t like to get you hands dirty, but you need to do some quick kneading, this little tool will be you friend! It doubles as an accurate pastry cutter too!
11. Digital Food Scale – I finally got a digital scale! Now for those recipes that call for grams or if I want to be super accurate with measurements (all flours weigh differently), I can do just that!
12. Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat – I got these last year and they are one of my favorite all-time kitchen tools! Baking cookies (or anything that sticks) has never been easier!
13. Parchment Paper – Same as the Silpat, you won’t have to worry about sticking here! Plus parchment is great for lining pans, the rolling pin method, etc.
14. KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer – Okay, I don’t personally have one (o how I want one!), but they are a baker’s essential. The possibilities (and don’t even get me started on stand mixer attachments!)
15. Set of Baking Sheets – The most essential pan you will ever have!
18. Pretty Paper Baking Cups – You can get usable silicone cups, but I like paper ones best! This was you can actually take them and give them! (Great stocking stuffer!)
20. Springform Cake Pan – This is a recent edition to my kitchen and I love it! Simply unlock to take out the cake with no struggle!
21. Wilton 8 inch Square Cake Pan – I use this baking pan the most and not just for baking. Most people I’m sure already have one!
22. 9 inch Round Cake Pan – This pan is perfect for cakes, cornbread, really anything that you want round! The circular counterpart to the square pan above!
So tell me:
+ What is you #1 must-have baking essential?
+ Any new baking tools on your list this year? Possibly the KitchenAid…but they are pricey!
+ What “must-haves” or gift guides would you like to see next?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell