Take care of your mouth as you would the rest of your body! 7 tips to keep your smile bright and healthy, naturally and with no-fuss!
About a year ago, you found out how much I find joy in flossing my teeth (I know! What a nerd!). I still feel great satisfaction taking care of my teeth and oral health. Brushing, flossing, rinsing, maybe some tongue scraping. Even going to the Dentist twice a year is fine by me. I’ve never understood why people neglect going to the dentist. It’s pretty painless if you’ve been taking care of your oral health (the only part I don’t like is waiting hours in the waiting room!). But it’s not bad and if it means keeping my smile bright and beautiful, I guess I can channel some patience.
Many people neglect their oral health, forgetting about it, eating and drinking foods that aren’t so friendly on the enamel, not going to the dentist. It’s more than just keeping your smile bright. Your oral health is so important; poor oral care has been linked to not only gum disease, gingivitis, but inflammation and diseases that affect the entire body, like heart disease. In our busy hectic lives sometimes we need a reminder; it doesn’t have to be hard and creating an easy oral health practice will not just keep your smile bright, but your overall health intact! An easy way to start? With the help of Boka! The one and only subscription box for your “boca”!
1. Floss between those pearly whites! Did you know you should floss first? This was you are removing and loosening any stuck in particles that can than be easily brushed away after. You should use about 18 inches of floss, wrapped around your middle or index fingers with 2 inches of space in between. Start from the back and work your way forward, using your thumbs to guide your hands. You should floss at least once a day, but the more the merrier! Boka provides you with a natural beeswax, Teflon-free, and petroleum-free floss for easy painless flossing!
2. Have a great, quality toothbrush. One that’s going to work all that gunk out! Boka toothbrushes are made with Binchotan activated charcoal bristles, which naturally helps prevent bacteria from growing on your brush. The bristles are gentle, but durable, as well as taperd to clean close to the gum line.
3. Toothbrushes don’t last forever; change it every 3 months! The American Dental Association recommends doing so to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria from festering on your brush (yuck!). So, you should go to the dentist twice a year and change your brush 4 times a year. 2 new brushes between each visit! This is where Boka has made it super easy for you. Every 3 months, right when you need to change that brush, your Boka box will arrive in the mail and you’ll have a new set of brushes and essentials right there and ready for you! No remembering to hit up the store required!
4. Clean your teeth with a natural good-for-you paste. Why would you rub chemicals and toxins that you’d never otherwise put in your body, on your teeth? Natural products clean just as well, if not better, than something chemical laden. Boka’s minty fresh toothpaste is made with natural ingredients and essential oils, like peppermint and mint. It contains no sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), fluoride, triclosan, artificial flavors, or parabens and is 100% made right here in the USA. All you need is a pea-sized amount of paste to clean all 32 lovely white teeth.
5. Make brushing a relaxing ritual. You should be brushing twice a day for two full minutes each time. During those short 2 minutes, take sometime to relax yourself, make it a meditation! Feel the ground with your feet, calm your breathing, and focus on the simple act of brushing your teeth back and forth. It’s a great way to start and end your day with just a few minutes of nice calm (that will end in a nice fresh, clean feeling!)
6. Try some daily rinsing. We’ve all heard of oil pulling by now. But Boka has made it easier (and tastier) to try for yourself! You can naturally increase your ability to remove bacteria, whiten your teeth, and freshen your breath with the Cocorinse Boka has created. It’s only 3 organic natural ingredients: coconut, peppermint, and spear mint oils! Boka provides you with little packets that you simply warm in your hands and then open, squeeze into you mouth and swish for 10-120 minutes before spitting it out in the trash.
7. Put your good oral hygiene on auto-pilot for you, your entire family, even a friend! Visit Boka.com to customize your own Boka box subscription, or buy just what you need at any given time with no obligation! You can choose the exact kits you need for the entire family, even the kiddos (they even have electric kit options!) And as a college student, I know this would be a great gift subscription box to set up for any young adult who doesn’t have the time remembering to change their toothbrush (or stocking up on floss!).
Creating good oral hygiene habits can be effortless, easy, and actually enjoyable! I mean, I still may be the odd man out for my obsession with flossing, but the more you do it, the less painful it is and the more you’ll love it! And guys, Boka is making it easy for you to take care of your smile and keep up that good flossing habit I want you to have! Not only will your mouth feel good, but you can feel good about using Boka’s natural, BPA-free, and cruelty-free products and packaging. That’s something to really smile about!
You can sign up right now using this special discount code: SUNSHINE25, for 25% off any purchase (no limits, any product, subscription, or gift set. Valid through April 15, 2016. Cannot be combined with other offers, cannot be used by the same individual more than once.)
So tell me:
+ Do you take your oral care seriously?
+ Are you one of those people who is deathly afraid of the dentist? Don’t be!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.