Happy Thursday guys! I am going to do a Thinking Out Loud post this week because I have a lot to say and what better way to get it all out than to do it on a Thursday and link-up with Amanda! Let's just dive right in, shall we!
1. My April is going to be a huge important month and a very crazy busy one as well. I usually never travel...at all, but in the next two weeks I will be doing a hell of a lot of that. Starting with this weekend. Yes this very weekend! On Sunday I will be on a plane early in the morning, flying down to South Carolina to visit Wofford College in Spartenburg. (I can't wait to wear summer clothes!). I asked Lindsay for some recommendations on places to eat and see, since I have never been there. We are flying back very late Monday night, but if you have any recommendation let me know! But the travel does not stop there. Then after a quick Easter the next weekend, I will be off again, this time with my grandparents too, down to the beautiful Washington D.C.! We are driving down really early on Monday and then my mom and I will be diving back ourselves Wednesday morning. I am going to see George Washington one more time and American before I
sign my life away make my final college decision. I am so excited to be in DC again! Hello Sweet Green and Mr. Lincoln! (If you have any more recommendation for DC, don't hesitate to share 😉 And if you are in DC, let me know, we can meet-up...yoga date?
2. I haven't been on a plane in 5 years? But I do love flying! I am excited, but I am also nervous. I just hope everything goes smoothly and that our carry-ons are okay :/ But you know what's aggravating? We have to do a lay-over in Charlotte before we can get to SC. Really? So close...why can't there just be a direct flight!?
3. I was so excited to pick up some new finds at the grocery last weekend! #1 we have millet flour from Mr.Bob. I was so stoked to make pancakes with this...which I did, don;t you worry 😉 Then to my surprise my always lacking in foodie finds grocery actually had Hope Hummus! I literally jumped for joy! Hope Hummus is gluten-free, vegan, non-gmo, and organic. I picked up the Balsamic Red Pepper...it is good 😉 (I have to try the spicy avocado one next! What my grocery did not have though was any exotic sweet potatoes....non at all. I had to settle for some boring normal orange ones :/ I also picked up some nut butter packs to hold me over in SC. (You can never go a day with out some nut butter!) And they are both new-to-me ones! I have never had Justin's and I have only had Wild Friends Cinnamon Raisin!
4. Number 2 on the food front is bars! I have been adding in a bar everyday for an extra 200-250 calories. I started with some Lara Alt Bars. They are all good, but just so sweet form the dates. My taste buds just don't like sweetness like that. But I digress. The Lemon Pound Cake and Pumpkin Pie and the best. I also love that they have an added 10g of pea protein! Then I tried some Lara Uber Bars. I tried the Cherry Cobbler and Nut roll. They are pretty strange. The are salty and only slightly sweet. I wish my grocery had the other flavors to try. Last I received some Squarebars to try! I was so super happy about this. I was actually a little taken aback when I opened them up. They are basically healthy protein candy bars...but not candy. It has no refined sugar, is gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, organic, and non-gmo. A soft nuget covered in chocolate. Again, this was a little much for my taste-buds but they were not bad and I would totally buy them.
5. I have two amazing ladies lined-up for guest posts next week! I didn't want to leave you guys with no posts so I did some recruiting for Power Monday and a Tuesday post. You are going to love them! I will be back Wednesday probably with a recipe and then I will maybe have a recap Thursday but that might get pushed off until the week after. We shall see!
6. I finally did some online shopping! I decided to treat myself and grab some new clothes I have had bookmarked for so long. A maxi dress and shorter dress from Old Navy and a maxi skirt and shorter dress from H&M. Once everything gets here I will share it all!
7. I had one of my best yoga practices on Monday. Really I could not be more thankful for it. My body and focus were so strong. I was holding poses like forearm stand and scorpion on the first attempt and I finally balanced in Eka Pada Galavasana (Flying Crow Pose)! I had been working on that one for so long! I was beyond proud of myself 🙂 Yoga = Life. It is so damn beautiful! Tuesday was another great practice. This week yoga has felt just so good with my body. I can't wait until my Saturday practice 🙂
8. Through my Girls Gone Sporty Ambassadorship I got hooked up as a new Bulu Box Ambassador! I can't wait to receive my first box which will be coming in May. "Bulu Box is the first health and nutrition discovery box designed to help you feel your best. Each month, you’ll get a custom box filled with a new mix of 4 to 5 premium samples from top brands to try. Every sample is sufficient enough to decide if the product is right for you. Of course, shipping is always free and you can cancel anytime." If you want to hook yourself up with a subscription use my promo code and get your 2nd box FREE on a monthly subscription: BULUGAN820.
9. Well ⅘ of my Vitacost shipment came on Wednesday! I am still waiting on my Maranatha Sunflower Seed Butter (I have not had it for a month now! I am dying!). But atleast I got my coconut butter, more slippery elm, my no-salt brown rice cereal, and....Julian's Paleo Wraps! I can not wait to try these babies. A wrap made of coconut? My goodness, what will they think of next?!
10. One more thing. Why is it that after a few days of rain and clouds, people forget how to drive when the sun is coming out in the morning? Really?! It takes about 5 minutes to get to my school on the highway with no traffic, but when there is it can take 20. Why don't we all put our visors down, slap on some sunglasses and start moving!. Going 2mph on the highway is not okay.
Now I will leave you with some flowers 🙂 Have a happy day lovelys!
So tell me:
Where is the last place you traveled to? Did you fly or drive? We have driven to SC before many years ago for a dance national. But because of traffic that we hit once we go to SC, the drive ended up being 16 hours. Not fun. The DC drive isn't bad. Around 3-4 hours, plus I can drive this time!
Any new foodie finds?
What is your favorite protein/food bar? Please don't be they typical blogger and say Quest bars, hahaha!
Have you ever tried those Paleo Wraps!?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell