How can you be bold in the face of change & uncertainty? How can you still take risks, be courageous and confident in all that you do when nothing is certain? Is it even possible to move forward with your head held high?
What does “being bold” mean to you? Do you consider yourself “bold” on a day-to-day basis or is it something that doesn’t cross your mind much? I know I’m not the only one who wants to take risks, be confident, and standout as the individual I am. Let’s be real. It isn’t always the easiest thing to do. To “be bold“. When our lives are full of change and uncertainty, we don’t always know how to keep our confidence and unflanged bravery in the front of our minds.
Even though it’s scary, the only way we grow and keep progressing is when we stay bold and fearless in our lives. As a new school year is about to begin in a few weeks, year 3 of college for me, changes and uncertainty are not going to be lacking. Changing schools and changing majors, not really sure how anything will play out this year, I really need to remind myself to stay bold and courageous no matter what is thrown my way. I think we all could use reminders to keeping our bold selves alive and well. We can forget and just fall into a routine of “safety”, doing only what we know, not branching out, not taking risks, letting any fears we have, win or at least keep a cover over our bold spirit inside.
- Take one action every day. Even when life seems so uncertain and anything could happen each day you wake-up, just continue to take one action, no matter how small. Whether it be a task on your to-do list or a small step toward on of your goals, if you just do one forward-moving action, you will have made at least one bold accomplishment that day.
- Say yes (when you can). It’s important to learn and say “no”, to not over burden yourself, but by saying “yes” when we can, we open ourselves up to new experiences we may never have had otherwise. We may come away so happy, feeling so confident, proud, and glad we have now learned or done something new.
- Stand up for your values and beliefs. I feel so passionately about this. I am not one to let my values be degraded or undermined. This is an area where I am always “bold”. I will never do something I don’t believe is right, I won’t do something just to appease another. I stay bold in my convictions and that makes me, me.
- Let fear be your motivator. This one may be the hardest. When we’re scared, when we don’t know what will happen, when we just want to do what feels comfortable, all our boldness is stripped away and stolen by that fear. Instead, when we feel fear creeping into our bodies and minds, let that be the driving force telling you that NOW is the time to do the exact thing or experience the exact thing that is causing us fear. Let that anxiety and fear be the adrenaline that propels you forward to crush that fear. I bet that once you do, you’ll end up laughing (or at least being in awe) at how much easier it was than you thought!
- Start your day in a BOLD way. If you’ve been a Strength and Sunshine reader for a while now, you know how much I love and cherish my mornings. My favorite time of day is the morning and the routine I’ve crafted over the years. Your morning routine can make or break your day by either giving you the bold energy to concur the world, or suffocate all that boldness before you even step out the door. If you’re rushing, sleep past your alarm, allow no time to savour a few moments to yourself before the daily grind, you may not make it past noon. Plus, when you find a morning routine that works for you, it creates certainty in your day so you can save that boldness for the uncertainty to come. One way I make sure I keep my bold attitude ready to concur any change is my morning coffee.
The rich, smooth, and BOLD taste of Dunkin’ Dark® is exactly what I need to boost my bold up a few notches. Depending on how much I need I can either brew a large pot or simply pop in a Rainforest Alliance Certified™ K-Cup®. I always choose dark roasts and drink my coffee black with a hint of stevia. It’s a part of my morning routine that I look forward to the most and always sets my day up to be a success no matter what uncertainties or changes are bound to happen that day. My bold switch gets turned on and I have the confidence and courage to go through the day with my head held high.
While I remind myself of these 5 steps going into the new school year, I hope you’ll try them too and not let any scary changes or uncertainties in your life tamp down your boldness. You can pick up some Dunkin’ Dark® at any grocery store nationwide or dunkinathome.com, to give yourself that guaranteed extra bold boost! Now, will you be bold with me?
So tell me:
+ What does bring bold mean to you?
+ How do you stay bold when faced with change and uncertainty?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell
*This post is sponsored by the J.M. Smucker company. All these honest opinions, ideas, thoughts, and photos are my own.*