These easy Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies are loaded with dark chocolate chips and dried cherries! Soft, chewy, vegan, and allergy-free chocolate cookies; they're fudgy and decadent, perfect for the holidays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or a just quick dessert recipe to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Taking some notes from the famous "Black Forest" German cake, chocolate cherry is a delicious and decadent combination perfectly fit for a cookie! These double chocolate cherry cookies are loaded with dark chocolate chips, full of cherry sweetness and tartness, making them a perfect bite of sweet, bitter, tart, and indulgent! Of course, I can never make anything too indulgent. These are low in sugar, gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-free, of course! Don't worry, no one will ever know!
Double the chocolate, double the deliciousness
These chocolate cookies aren't just made with cocoa powder. They're also loaded with dark chocolate chips! If you're going to make a chocolate cookie, you might as well double up and make them "chocolate" chocolate chip cookies instead! Double chocolate never hurt anyone and since unsweetened cocoa powder and dark chocolate aren't inherently "unhealthy" in any way, we can all enjoy...more than one of these! If you want to make some chocolate ingredient swaps, here's what you can do:
- Swap unsweetened cocoa powder with unsweetened dark cocoa powder (increasing the chocolate intensity!)
- Swap allergen-free dark chocolate chips with semi-sweet chocolate chips OR chocolate chunks
Any of these allergen-free, vegan, dairy-free chocolate choices will work perfectly; it all depends on what you have and love the most!
Fresh Cherries vs. Dried Cherries
We are not using maraschino cherries, fresh cherries, nor frozen cherries in these cookies. Easy, no-mess, year-round dried cherries are what we want! The chew and tartness of dried cherries work best for these chocolate chip cherry cookies. You won't have to worry about extra moisture disrupting these fudgy, soft pillows! Depending on the sweet vs. tartness you want, you also have some dried cherry options! You can use tart, sweet, sour, sweetened or unsweetened dried cherries.
How to make double chocolate cherry cookies
Once you've decided on your chocolate choices and dried cherry choices, everything else is super easy and quick! Easy cookie recipes just mean the deliciousness can be enjoyed in a flash!
Ingredients you need:
- Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Egg Replacer
- Brown Sugar Sweetener
- Granulated Sweetener
- Dried Cherries
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Butter
- Touch of Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
Gathering all your cookie ingredients, combine everything in a bowl, mix it together, and knead the dough with your hands to work in that cold vegan butter. Make about 8 to 10 cookie mounds and bake them for just 10 to 12 minutes! They are so easy and super delicious eaten warm out of the oven!
Storing your cookies:
Keep your cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. They're great as a holiday gift, be it Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. They're not messy or melty to you can even ship these cookies to a loved one safely! Plus these cookies are:
- Allergy-free (Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Wheat-Free, Sesame-Free, Corn-Free, Coconut-Free)
- Quick, Easy, and Delicious!
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
These easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Cookies are loaded with dark chocolate chips and dried cherries! Soft, chewy, vegan, and allergy-free chocolate cookies; they're fudgy and decadent, perfect for the holidays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or a just quick dessert recipe to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Miniutes
- Total Time: 22 minute
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Prepared Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar Erythritol (or preferred light brown sugar)
- ¼ Cup Granulated Erythritol (or preferred granulated sugar)
- 1 Cup Dried Sweet Cherries
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ Tsp Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Stick (4 TB) Vegan/Soy-Free Butter (cubed)
- 1 to 2 TB Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and two sugars; mix together.
- Add the prepared egg replacment, vanilla extract, cubed butter, dried cherries, and chocolate chips. Mix everything together and knead with your hands until combined.
- If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon or two of the non-dairy milk.
- On a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet, space out 8 to 10 (2 tablespoon sized) cookie mounds.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and let them cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy warmed or room temperature!
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, cherry, chocolate chips, Black Forest, dark chocolate, cherry cookies, double chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies, cookies, vegan cookies, gluten-free cookies, holiday cookies, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, allergy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, corn-free, coconut-free, sesame-free, oil-free, kid-friendly
Sweet, rich, soft, and cherry, these cookies are FULL of delicious chocolate cherry flavor and you'll be wanting to snack on more than just one!
More easy cookie recipes:
- Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles
- Chewy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
- Classic Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Loaded Vegan White Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
So tell me:
+ What's your favorite quick cookie recipe?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine