With the discovery and sometimes brutal reality of a celiac diagnosis, some may be left feeling overwhelmed and devastated. You can be their ray of sunshine and give the some perfect gluten-free gifts that will help them get accustomed to their new gluten-free lifestyle with this gift guide for the newly diagnosed!
Are you one of those people already buying your Christmas or holiday gifts? I mean, if you see a rad deal, I guess it makes sense! Maybe you wait until Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Small Business Saturday anyone? For me, you guys know by now I DIY all my gifts (as I'm going making things for close family), but I'm pretty sure if I had a bunch of people to buy for, I would just do it all online when the best sale happens.
However, if you don't actually plan on buying anything, I think going out on Black Friday is just fun anyway 😉 You can watch and laugh and hopefully not get trampled! Now, if you are in need of some gift ideas and you happen to have a newbie celiac or gluten-free eater on you list, buy to I have the gluten-free gift guide for you! All these picks of mine are perfect for the newly diagnosed and I guarantee you will light up their holiday 😉
Gluten-Free Gift Guide For The Newly Diagnosed Celiac
2. Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour - Finding out you have to be gluten-free, you may think baking will have to cease. Quiet the contrary, it will increase! The best all-purpose, perfect for anything flour to have on hand is my favorite from Bob's!
3. One Degree Organic Foods: Veganic Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps Cereal - Having a delish, comforting, chocolate cereal on hand that's safe to eat, will not go unappreciated. Trust me!
4. Espresso Vanilla Barney Butter - Really any specialty gluten-free nut butter is always a great gift to give. Not only is Barney Butter produced in a gluten-free facility, but also peanut-free!
5. Hamilton Beach Keep Warm 2-Slice Toaster - Time to toss that old dungeon of doom! Often overlooked, but a new clean gluten-free toaster is more than a must!
7. Lunch Box - Embrace it. Your celiac friend is going to be bringing a lot of their own food just about everywhere they go now. A lunch box or bag is going to be essential!
9. Zojirushi Breadmaker - One of the best on the market, plus it has a gluten-free setting. If you want to give a big box gift, this is it! They can have their bread and eat it too!
10. Panderno Spiralizer - Well this is a great gift for any foodie, but a super fun gift for someone gluten-free! Get out all the veggies and fruits and spiralize away!
11. Hamilton Beach Belgium Style Waffle Maker - Want to give the gift of perfect, mess-free, gluten-free waffles? This is the waffle iron to get. Trust me!
12. Set of Food Storage Containers - Along with a lunch box, tons of new clean storage containers are going to be more than necessary. A quality set will make the perfect gift.
13. Gluten-Free Labels Starter Kit - This would be a great Small Business Saturday company to support! I love GFL and their labels are perfect for a celiac who lives in a mixed kitchen or needs to bring dishes to school, work, or parties!
14. Jason Gluten-Free Beauty & Bath Products - A new celiac may not realize, but beauty and bath products need to be gluten-free and safe as well. Jason provides a wonderful life of gluten-free products to try!
15. Gluten-Free T-Shirt - I think some article of clothing is always required as a holiday gift. Plus a little humor can lighten the gluten-free gloom they may be feeling 😉
16. Delight Gluten-Free Magazine Subscription - This is my favorite gluten-free magazine! It's also very allergy-friendly and always chock-full of great info, recipes, and reviews!
17. The Gluten-Free Vegan Cookbook by: Susan O'Brian - This is an older cookbook, but has always been my favorite. It's one of the first gluten-free cookbooks I ever got and the recipes so so simple, beautiful, and delicious!
18. The UnDiet Cookbook by: Meghan Telpner- I think this is the best gluten-free cookbook of 2015, hands down! The recipes are wonderful and so easy! Plus, Meghan is such a wealth of info for helping to heal autoimmune disease!
19. Celiac Disease For Dummies - Don't worry, it's only a "For Dummies" series book because it such a easy read for all the basics or celiac and gluten-free living. The perfect beginners guide!
20. Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic by: Peter Green, M.D. - Dr. Green is the director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University and is such a respected medical professional in the celiac community. This book is a wonderful addition to any new celiac's bookshelf!
Bonus! - Be a doll and make them some safe DIY homemade granola, cookies, nut butter, bites, muffins, quick bread, or even crunchy chickpeas! They will appreciate this more than you know (as long as you keep it safe from cross-contamination!)
So tell me:
+ Have you started any holiday shopping this year?
+ Do you have any new celiacs on your list this year? Are you yourself a new celiac? What's on your list!?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell