That favorite classic holiday treat that's fun to gift and delicious to eat! Homemade Vegan Peppermint Bark that's gluten-free and allergy-free too! All the festive sweet chocolate and mint flavor only takes 4 ingredients for this dairy-free recipe remake!
It's not the holidays without some peppermint bark! Probably (one of) the best edible gifts to give. I mean, we have chocolate, white chocolate (i.e. not really chocolate), and peppermint! What's not to love? Chocolate and mint is may ultimate favorite holiday flavor (besides my love affair with gingerbread). It's so decadently refreshing and satisfying...it literally TASTES like Christmas.
But o, what a sad season it is if you're not all about that dairy, soy, and other icky things you'd find in the classic store-bought peppermint bark. It was a recipe crying to be made vegan, gluten-free, and top-8 allergy-free! I wanted a piece of that bark to break off and savor just like the rest of the chocolate-loving world! I know y'all did too. Food allergies, veganism, celiac, whatever...those things will not get in the way of enjoying EVERY essential part of the holidays!
I also had a certain someone in my life put out a strong request for some safe peppermint bark. Since I do enjoy making, baking, and creating all of my Christmas gifts, I felt the need to deliver with this one. The perks of creating those holiday gifts I give is that I get to test them out myself (since I have to keep them secret until the "reveal"). A few extra broken off pieces of chocolate peppermint bark never hurt anyone, eh?
The thing about peppermint bark is that it's super easy and only about 4 ingredients. The dark chocolate, "white chocolate", peppermint candy, and a dash of peppermint extract. Simple and shouldn't cost the "arm and leg" that it does in some (to remain unnamed) stores. Not only do I enjoy the fact that I can make this as a gift, but my frugal heart gets to sing as well! My mom and I were in the mall a few weeks ago, saw that unnamed peppermint bark, and low and behold it was obnoxiously expensive for a tiny little bag. NO WAY!
Guys, don't worry though! You know I'm always here to save you the troubles and sadness! Whether you're making this as a last-minute gift (totally doable) or an indulgent chocolate treat for your food allergy self, you are in for an easy peasy minty surprise! You can make this peppermint bark as thick or as thin as you like, you can also cut even squares like I did or you can go rustic and literally just break big hunks off!
More Delicious Peppermint Recipes:
- Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddies
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
Homemade Vegan Peppermint Bark
Homemade Vegan Peppermint Bark (Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free)
That favorite classic holiday treat that's fun to gift and delicious to eat! Homemade Vegan Peppermint Bark that's gluten-free and top-8 allergy-free too! All the festive sweet chocolate and mint flavor only takes 4 ingredients for this dairy-free recipe remake!
- Yield: Varies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Melt the dark chocolate in a greased microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals until it easily stirs together melted.
- Spread the melted dark chocolate in a wax paper lined pan (I used an 8x8 baking dish). Let cool about 10 minutes, until mostly set.
- Repeat the melting process for the white chocolate, but stir in the peppermint extract once melted.
- Pour the minty white chocolate over the hardened dark chocolate, smooth it out evenly.
- Now sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy (pressing it in to the chocolate a bit) over the unset white chocolate top, before placing in the fridge to completely cool and harden (or leave it on the counter for a few hours to harden at room temperature).
- Once hard, you can use a sharp knife to cute squares/rectangles, or simply break pieces off (breaking pieces off works best if you made thin bark).
My food allergy folk, please be careful with vegan white chocolates. The two ones I listed are the only ones I've found that are allergen-free (UPDATE: Nestle Tollhouse's new line of Simply Delicious allergen-free chocolate has WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Enjoy Life has them now too. Many (all) vegan white chocolates have SOY and are cross-contaminated. Be safe! We don't need any throats closing up and trips to the emergency room on Christmas, now do we? No, that would not be a very merry Christmas! But if you follow this delicious, free, easy peasy peppermint bark recipe, then you'll be OK!
More Homemade Candy Recipes:
- 3-Ingredient Maple Tahini Freezer Fudge
- 4-Ingredient Homemade Mounds Bars
- Irish Potato Candy
- Sesame Seed Crunch Candy
- Sunflower Seed Brittle
- Vegan Cream Cheese Mints
So tell me:
+ Are you a huge peppermint bark fan? That long-awaited "once a year" seasonal delicacy! (My mom's favorite thing!)
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine