This weekend was kinda, eh. I spent a lot of time just trying to get some work done. Essays do not write themselves (nor do blog posts!) I also had a bunch of emails to write out. I eventually got a good chunk of things done (including that big 7-10 page essay!), but I still feel unsettled. My new favorite place to write though, is down in the dining hall of my dorm. No one is usually there, so I sit in this back part, with some coffee, on a nice cozy bench, type type typing away! The thing though, when you drink all that coffee, you tend to have to pee. I can't just leave my laptop and belonging though, so I have to pack everything up walk down the hall to the bathroom, and yea, you get the picture. Woh is life! Another #firstworldproblem is the fact that NO DC grocery store is good about stocking non-dairy milks. Whole Foods refuses to carry Silk almond milk (I don't know why...they carry their creamers. So I like to get Good Karma Flax milk there that I found. But no. The last few weeks they haven't had that either. Then there is Safeway. I have learned to never go on Saturday for milk. They are always cleaned out of every non-dairy milk. So Sunday, finally I ran down to Safeway (in the warmth! It was so bright and sunny yesterday), and finally was able to stock up on multiple cartons of Silk. Now I'll be good for a few weeks! Thank you non-dairy late expiration dates! (i.e. December 31st!).
Now, awkward segway...
If you've been following along in the blog world these last few weeks, you'll have noticed this survey/questions popping up. Well I was tagged by the beautiful Melissa of Freeing Imperfections last week, so I feel it is my duty to take part in the fun 😉 You all know I love these fun little question posts. Just a nice light-hearted way to start the week on this Monday!
+ Four Names That People Call Me (Other Than My Real Name):
1. Pippy (Not so much anymore, but my mom did when I was younger)
2. Becky (I'm pretty sure my grandpa calls me this)
3. Bec (My old dance instructor would use this. I took offense!)
4. ....I've got nothing else.
+ Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Blogger (Yes, it is a job...the best job!)
2. Plant Fusion Social Media Manager
3. Library Volunteer (Not paid)
4. YMCA Dance Camp Instructor (Again...not paid!)
+ Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once:
1. Mrs. Doubtfire (I swear...I have seen this at least 50 times)
2. Zero Dark Thirty (I had to watch this 4 times in the span of 3 months in school last year!)
3. Titanic (Who hasn't seen this at least 10 times?)
4. Holiday In Handcuffs (Just because it is almost Christmas movie galore again and last year I saw this on TV way to many times! Speaking of cheesy Christmas movies, I love all the Hallmark ones and of course...this crappy RCN cable in my dorm does not get the Hallmark channel! What am I going to do!?)
+ Four Books I'd Recommend: (God, I miss reading so much!)
1. Packing Light, by: Allison Vesterfelt
2. The Lucky Ones, by: Jenny Brown
3. The Ninth Day, by: Jamie Freveletti
4. Flashback, by: Dan Simmons
Four Three Places I've Lived:
1. Glen Gardner, NJ
2. Hunterdon County, NJ
3. Washington, DC
+ Four Places I Have Been:
1. Wildwood, NJ (My childhood!)
2. Myrtle Beach, SC
3. Orlando, FL (Disney World!)
4. Columbus, OH
+ Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:
1. New Jersey (Home is where the heart is my friends!)
2. California (Still dieing to get to the West Coast!)
3. India (Specifically a spice market!)
4. Iceland (I have always dreamt of going there!)
+ Four Things I Don't Eat:
1. Gluten (DEATH!)
+ Four Of My Favorite Foods:
1. Potatoes (Of every variety!)
2. Apples (Fuji <3 The best!)
3. Cold Raw Unsalted Cashews (Very specific!)
4. Nutritional Yeast (I want to take a minute to talk about a combo I am obsessed with! Nutritional Yeast and Balsamic Vinegar! So good! Also add some Tahini if you want to get really crazy. I know I do and I am using thing combo on all my dinners! Try it!)
+ Four TV Shows That I Watch(ed):
1. The Walking Dead (You should watch it!)
2. Lost (Forever my favorite TV show!)
3. CNN (Anything on there)
4. Unwrapped (My favorite Food Network show! But it isn't really on much anymore)
+ Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year:
1. Going Home For Winter Break
2. Going Crazy In The Kitchen And Cooking Up New Recipes When I Am Home!
3. Sleeping In My Own Bed Again
4. Christmas Eve (One of the best days of the year!)
+ Four Things I'm Saying:
1. "I Don't Know!"
2. "I Hate Microeconomics!"
3. "This Internet Connection Sucks!"
4. "Why Can't I Actually Be Living In The City?"
+ Four People I'm Tagging To Do This Next: (Cheating and tagging 5 lovely ladies!)
Wow, that was hard! Some I had a lot more than four things and others I had none! Well that wraps things up. Hope you have a great Monday! Hold your head high, chin up, and smile!
So tell me:
+ Pick One Of These And Answer With Four Things In The Comments!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell