Easy, healthy, and delicious! A No-Bake Gluten-Free S’mores Parfait that’s vegan, top 8 allergy-free, and uses homemade ingredients without the junk! A perfect summer dessert recipe the kids and adults will love (it’s even secretly protein-packed)!
It wouldn’t be summer without ALL the s’mores! From breakfast to dessert, there’s always time for a s’mores recipe! Something like a dessert parfait seemed like a delicious idea. It’s basically a cold and deconstructed campfire s’more! And by campfire, I also mean microwave, but that was last year 😉 This gluten-free s’mores parfait I have for you is going to blow your mind with that fact that 1: it’s super healthy, and 2: it’s protein-packed due to a lovely little legume friend.
Just like bananas, I love the flavor of s’mores more than the traditional “s’more”. So if I can have s’more in a recipe that a bit outside of the conventional, I’m 100% happier. This s’mores parfait is kinda of a s’mores-flavor lover’s dream. All the flavor, less mess, no “sandwich”, no fire, but still has the iconic layers! Also, big difference, it’s cold and no-bake…or cook? Toasted? Is a s’more BBQed if it’s made over a fire? Hm…
Now I bet you’re wondering how this parfait is so healthy. You already know that since this s’mores parfait is gluten-free, vegan, and top 8 allergy-free (i.e. soy-free), we are using our homemade sugar-free marshmallow fluff (nothing else so free-from on the market!) That’s not all though. We are taking the power of chickpea (the other part of your aquafaba) to essentially make some “chocolate dessert hummus”. And that, my friends, is where the protein-punch comes in!
Considering this parfait is basically hummus, my healthy homemade gluten-free graham crackers, and whipped up aquafaba, couldn’t this pass of a breakfast extravaganza just like those s’mores pancakes we all know and love? And you know that here on Strength and Sunshine we almost always make our desserts acceptable for breakfast and visa-versa! No cooking required, no need to head outdoors, no need to feel guilty about something so deceiving and delicious!
You can make as large or as small of a serving as you want of these gluten-free s’mores parfaits as you want. It all depends on your serving vessel of choice. You can use pretty beverage glasses, mason jars, anything you have on hand. Mason jars or something with a lid would be great if you’re transporting the parfaits to a s’mores party, perhaps? If that’s the case, make sure to invite me!
No-Bake Gluten-Free S’mores Parfait
- 1 Batch of Sugar-Free Vegan Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 Batch of Gluten-Free Graham Crackers* (about 14, crushed)
- Mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Portion:
- 1 15oz Can Chickpeas (no-salt added)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Powdered Erythritol (or preferred confectioner-style sweetener)
- ¼ Cup Aquafaba (liquid from the can of chickpeas)
- ½ Tsp Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Prepare the marshmallow fluff and graham crackers ahead of time according to directions.
- In a large food processor combine all the chocolate portion ingredients and blend until smooth like hummus.
- In your glasses of jars (there will be about 2 large servings or 4 smaller servings), layer in first some crushed graham crackers, then chocolate hummus, more graham crackers, and then the marshmallow fluff.
- Top with the mini chocolate chips and left over crushed graham crackers to serve.
That first spoonful…summer bliss in a jar (or glass)! More satisfying than just a single campfire s’more, these s’mores parfaits will have you floating away on chocolaty, fluffy, graham cracker clouds of sweet joy! (I hope that description just sealed the deal on you making these for dessert tonight!)
So tell me:
+ Do you have a favorite non-traditional s’mores food? Honestly, pancakes still reign #1!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell