January is almost over! That means the first month of the new year is ready to be closed in the books. Things are about to get real. This is the time to either continue on with that great motivation and all those intentions you started with a few weeks ago or let them slowly fade and fall back into old habits. As you know, I set out full force and already accomplished a big chunk of the things I listed for myself this year. However, I am not finished since my wishes for the year are about growth and I will never be done with them all.
My motivation to keep working on the things left and the progress I still want to make is still there and I plan to keep it there through the rest of the year and beyond. That feeling of “newness” and endless possibility is wonderful and I don’t want to lose that. Here are my tips on keeping the “newness” of the new year ALL year ‘round!
- Share Your Progress. Depending on your goal or intention, sharing where you are at and how you’re doing with said goal is a great way to stay motivated. Staying accountable to someone else, a friend, social media, your blog, whatever, will keep you accountable to yourself as well and motivate you to keep on going!
- Keep Up With Multiple Goals. If you have one goal or intention you have been tirelessly working on for weeks and just need a break, focus on another goal! You don’t have to work on one goal until you get it, nor do you have to focus on ALL your goals at once. Jump around, take breaks, but keep coming back to them all. This will keep the “newness” in your routine and habits.
- Try It A New Way. Just because it may be new in the beginning, after awhile you will need to change it up or how you’re going about something to keep it fresh and keep yourself growing. Maybe you’ve been running the same route for weeks, time to switch it up. Maybe you’ve been showing one random act of kindness a day, switch it up and do two. Or maybe you’ve been adding an extra serving of veggies to you day, well now it’s time for 2 extra servings!
- Remind Yourself Why. Keep a vision board, a visible list you see every day, a journal for documenting, maybe even take a photo-a-day depicting your work on that goal or intention. Whatever you do, keep it fresh in your mind as to WHY you choose those goals or intentions and what they are. You will want to remember why they were so important to you in the first place to have chosen them to work on this year. Don’t let that slip and be forgotten, thus causing you to lose steam and momentum!
- Reward Yourself. This is obvious. You need to be proud of your work and accomplishments throughout the year. You need to give yourself a pat on the back and keep yourself smiling. Rewarding yourself can come in many forms. From a special date night or a night in alone, a spa day, something from your wish list, a favorite meal, or some new clothes to keep you looking stylish and fresh.
My most recent reward has been a new get up from the Target® C9 athletic collection. Since running has been one of my main goals and I only enjoy running outside, that means I need some warm clothes to wear! This called for some new leggings (the C9 by Champion® Women’s Premium Legging) and a long sleeve (the C9 by Champion® Women’s Cold Weather Run Pullover).
I love my old cheap workout clothes, but whenever I get a chance to wear a new outfit, especially those first few wears, I always feel a bit more powerful and motivated! I’m treating myself by looking nice, feeling nice, and moving my body in ways that make me this much closer to accomplishing what I want!
So tell me:
+ How do you keep the newness of the new year ALL year-round?
+ How do you like to reward yourself when you accomplish a goal?
Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell
***Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9, all opinions are my own.***