This Quick and Easy Vegetarian Tostadas Recipe with Quinoa is naturally gluten-free, vegan, and top allergy-free! It's a great family-friendly, meatless weeknight dinner recipe you can have on the table in 15 minutes from start to finish.
*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa. A box of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa was received to facilitate this recipe.
Homemade Vegetarian Tostadas with Quinoa (Gluten-Free and Vegan!)
Mexican food is always a beloved family favorite even amongst picky eaters. We didn’t have that “picky eater” problem in our house growing up (In fact, I was that girl bringing in her cold Brussels sprouts for snack in 1st grade), but we enjoyed our fair share of weekly tacos and burritos. They were delicious and easy for my mom to whip up on a weeknight before shuttling me off to my hours of dance practice! I don’t eat actual Mexican dishes as often as I used too (at least not authentic Mexican dishes outside of my throwing salsa and chili spices on everything), but when I do, those comforting flavors and satisfying meals always warm my soul.
I've stayed busy remaking gluten-free, allergy-free, and vegan versions of “classic” Mexican dishes like taquitos, tamales, even my twist on sweet Mexican corn cake, and now these vegetarian tostadas. I’d never had tostadas before and never really understood what they “were.” Essentially, they are open-faced hard-shell tacos. (Aka taco pizzas!) You know, just a super delicious pile of smiles on a crunchy corn shell!
Tostadas are so easy; no one could mess them up! You don’t even have to do any intricate folding like with burritos or worrying about over stuffing tacos. Some light, fluffy, protein-packed, Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa was perfect for an easy, yet hearty, vegetarian base for these tostadas. Quinoa is one of the best meatless protein sources, and when it's gluten-free too, no-brainer! Just mix in some diced tomatoes, peppers, seasonings and top with some zesty non-dairy yogurt for a perfect gluten-free meatless dinner with minimal mess and no fuss.
These easy quinoa vegetarian tostadas will be on the table in 15 minutes flat! Plus, all you have to clean up is one pot! Between busy work weeks, school weeks, and takeout burnout, having something easy recipes like these vegan tostadas up your sleeve are a life saver.
- Quinoa: I recommend using two bags of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa for this vegan tostada recipe. They're nutty with a great texture and hold up well with the other ingredients.
- Diced Tomatoes: I like the fire-roasted variety for added charred flavor, but you can use whichever you prefer. You could also use the type with diced green chiles for more heat.
- Fresh Veggies: You'll need a half cup of finely chopped green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and vidalia onion.
- Garlic: I like using just one teaspoon of minced garlic, but you could bump it up to two teaspoons if you love garlic.
- Dry Seasonings: For this veggie tostada recipe, you'll need chili powder, smoked paprika, and chipotle pepper powder. I found this combination packs in the heat without being too spicy or overwhelming of the other ingredients. You could also use red pepper flakes and smoked paprika, if preferred.
- Tostada Shells: You'll need six to eight gluten-free yellow or white corn tostada shells.
- Garnishes: Top your vegetarian tostadas with a dollop of unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt, freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped cilantro, and cubed avocado.
How To Make Quinoa Tostadas
First, prepare your quinoa tostada filling. Cook the quinoa in a large pot according to package directions, drain thoroughly, and add back to the pot.
Next, add the rest of the filling ingredients to the quinoa, and mix well to combine.
In a small bowl, combine the non-dairy yogurt and lime juice to create a dairy-free crema. Mix well, and set aside.
To serve, scoop some of the quinoa mixture on a corn tostada shell and top with the lime yogurt and some chopped cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
- Take these veggie tostadas up a notch by sauteing your peppers and onion before mixing with the cooked quinoa. Not so much that they're mushy, but enough to release their flavors and tone down their raw bite.
- Add more veggies! These gluten-free tostadas are a great way to clean out your fridge. Whether it's carrots, squash, zucchini, or mushrooms, everything works well with this recipe! Just make sure to saute them, first, before mixing with the cooked quinoa.
- Top with Vegan Sour Cream or Guacamole!
While I don't expect you'll have any leftovers from this vegan tostada recipe, you can store the quinoa and vegetable mixture in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days. Then, simply assemble on top of corn shells as desired before eating again.
More Mexican Recipes To Try:
- Lentil Veggie Tacos And Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Flakes
- Easy Sheet Pan Vegan Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Cranberry Bean & Pepper Tacos
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
Quick & Easy Quinoa Tostadas (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Mexican made easy! These Quick & Easy Quinoa Tostadas are gluten-free, vegan, and top 8 allergy-free! A great family-friendly & meatless weeknight dinner recipe you can have on the table in 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 Bags of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa
- 1 15oz Can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes (no-salt added)
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup Chopped Vidalia Onion
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Chipotle Pepper Powder
- To Top:
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 6-8 Gluten-Free Corn Tostada Shells
- Cook the quinoa in a large pot according to package directions, drain, and add back to the pot.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix well to combine with the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, combine the non-dairy yogurt and lime juice, mix well.
- To serve, scoop some of the quinoa mixture on a corn tostada shell and top with the lime yogurt and some chopped cilantro, if desired.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa.
- Serving Size: 2
Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell