A simple summer salad you can whip up in no time. By massaging the kale, you can turn anyone into a kale lover, along with giving them the fresh nutrition of summer veggies all flavored with simple lemon juice!
I've been meaning to actually write down and photograph this recipe since I started my blog! I've been making it for years and it has become a family classic. This was actually the dish I used to first introduce my family to kale. Specifically, my mom fell in love with it! But the secret I've learned to get anyone to love kale is to massage it! You MUST massage raw kale! That's how you get the bitter/harsh taste away and you get in all the flavors you, in! Plus it releases all the nutrients and makes it softer (easier to chew) too!
Really, the art of making a kale salad (and getting requests from picky family members to make it again and again), is to massage the kale and massage in the flavor, then letting it "marinate" in the fridge before serving it! Besides that (which you need your hands for! But the Pump 'N Clean will keep things neat and tidy!), you just need to chop up the other veggies and juice a lemon! Bam! You will have the perfect summer side salad in no time!
Summer Kale SaladPrint
Summer Kale Salad
A simple summer salad you can whip up in no time. By massaging the kale, you can turn anyone in to a kale lover, along with giving them the fresh nutrition of summer veggies all flavored with simple lemon juice!
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 6 Heaping Cups of Torn Curly Kale
- 1 Large Zucchini (sliced and halved)
- 1 Large Vine Ripe Tomato (chopped)
- 1 ½ Cups Snow Peas (chopped)
- 2 Scallions (green and white parts, chopped)
- Zest of 1 Small Lemon
- Juice of 1 Small Lemon
- 2 TB Chopped Fresh Parsley
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare all you veggies and set aside. Then in a very large bowl add the kale, lemon zest and juice, garlic, onion, and pepper. Massage that baby till those flavors are in the kale and the kale turns a darker color. You'll know when it's good!
- Now add in all the other veggies, give everything another toss until everything is mingled. The refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours until serving!
This is one of those salads that keeps on giving too! You think you ate a ton of it, but there is still more in the container! I guess it really makes it perfect for those summer parties and cook-outs! All hail the kale! I assure you, even non-kale lovers will love this super healthy salad!
So tell me:
+ Are you a kale lover or kale hater? Kale rocks, and it has become my go-to dish to bring to parties of all kinds! Even in the winter with this version!Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine