Two family pleasing recipes to create the best dinner! Slow cooker balsamic chicken, moist and full of flavor, with a side of “Thanksgiving” roasted butternut squash. A gluten-free paleo meal that will satisfy and fill the tummy.
O man, so on Wednesday I wake-up to find out our subpump broke, so we had no running water in the house. Just like what happens when the power goes out. But this time we had power…just no water. A complete disaster! It was time to break out the bottles of hand sanitizer. Luckily, we were able to get some guys to come out and fix it by 4:00pm (we almost had to wait until today). It ended up that we needed a new well pump…not good news. But they put a new one in, now it just coming up with a way to pay for something so unexpected. Plus we had no water pressure once the water was turned on since we needed to change the filter at that point. My dad was not home then so I took a shower last night with absolutly a trickle…if that…coming out of the faucet. Its really hard to get the conditioner out of long hair with practically no water! I hope you encountered better things on your Wednesday!
Thankfully the other night, I made some of my favorite classic dishes for dinner. Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken and “Thanksgiving” Roasted Butternut Squash. Not exactly the most “summery” meal but, hey, it still works….and tastes wonderful. That’s what matters, right?
Slow Cooker Balsamic ChickenPrint
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
A super flavorful slow cooker chicken cooked in balsamic vinegar and aromatic spices and herbs. The perfect family-pleasing weeknight gluten-free and paleo dinner recipe.
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Slow Cooker, Main, Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- In a large slow cooker add the chicken breasts to the bottom.
- In a large bowl combine the water, balsamic, lemon juice, and all spices & herbs. Give it a quick stir and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on to low and cover. Cook for 6-7 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Adapted from this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
Now, you know I have an obsession with all things squash. I love them all (well at least eating them… spaghetti squash and I have a love-hate relationship. I have many battle wound from cooking that guy, but it is always worth it!). So here is my favorite way to cook butternut squash. I use Fall/Thanksgiving flavors but I think that’s what tastes best on B-Squash. I also that the cheaters way in preparing by buying pre-cut squash. But it prevents injuries so Ill take it!
“Thanksgiving” Roasted Butternut SquashPrint
“Thanksgiving” Roasted Butternut Squash
Perfectly roasted butternut squash with warming “Thanksgiving” and Fall inspired spices including rosemary, sage, and thyme. The perfect gluten-free, vegan, and paleo side dish to dinner.
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side, Vegetables
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Spread the peeled and cubed squash evenly on the baking sheet.
- Add your spices and toss with the squash to get all the sides coated with the herbs.
- Now, place the baking sheet in the oven for about 40 minutes, tossing the cubes once halfway through.
- Remove and serve…with ketchup!
Ketchup on anything roasted and of course always on chicken is absolute bliss by the way!
So tell me:
What is your favorite Slow Cooker Recipe?
What is you favorite type of Squash? How do you like to prepare it?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell