An easy and fun dessert treat that will bring out the “kid” in all of us! Gluten-Free Vegan “Fried” Ice Cream Bombs! Balls of ice cream rolled in crushed cookie crumbs! This is a must-make, no-bake recipe with your kids!
I thought I’d share a super fun treat with y’all this Labor Day Monday! It’s essentially just 2 ingredients (more if you want some variety), but ultra-easy and a great little project to do with the kids in the kitchen! This little treat holds a dear loving place in my heart. I, myself, made my first “fried” ice cream bombs many moons ago on the night I cooked my first ever recipe. I was a wee tot with dreams of being a master chef and needed a dessert to go along with the meal 😉
I told you the story about the stuffed peppers I made, but I didn’t tell you about the dessert…until today! I went to Giada for the peppers, but I had to include my girl, Rachel Ray, for the “decadent” dessert! I’m pretty sure it was a variation of this recipe I saw on her old show, “30 Minute Meals”, in which she used vanilla ice cream and crushed graham crackers. That’s what I ended up using. I can remember scooping out balls of Bryer’s vanilla ice cream, crushing sheets of Honey Maid graham crackers in a plastic bag, and then rolling the balls of ice cream in the crushed crumbs, setting them in a bowl and popping them in the freezer to harden up again.
The easy simplicity was rather delicious and I was a fan! Of course, to remake this childhood “recipe” I’d have to do some tweaking to fit those dietary needs. Super simple swaps and still easy and a heck of a lot of fun! The ultimate “kitchen fun” for the kids when they deserve that special treat (we all do with school starting!). You can pick any ice cream and cookie that’s your favorite; get creative with your combos! I used So Delicious cashew ice creams and Enjoy Life cookies of various flavors that you’ll see below.
No, they’re not fried or even baked! Just rolled and frozen? No-bake desserts at their finest. The essential dessert recipe of a master chef, thanks to the great Rachel Ray! Haha! I actually don’t watch the Food Network much anymore. It used to be the only thing I watched for a period of time when I was younger (that, and ABC Family which has now changed to Freeform???). I only have the Food Network on Sunday mornings :/ I never see Rachel Ray anymore!
I had dreams of having my own Food Network show. Who am I kidding? That would still be so fun! Haha! Another reason why I should give that whole “recipe video” thing a try. One day…really. For now, shooting photos and writing up posts is all I can handle! Rachel Ray has it easy, she doesn’t have to videotape or shoot. She just had to stand in front of the camera, exude her charm, and make us all laugh were her quirks like the “garbage bowl” (however, that one is genius!)
Vegan “Fried” Ice Cream Bombs
- 1 Pint of So Delicious Very Vanilla Cashew Ice Cream
- 1 Pint of So Delicious Chocolate Cookies n' Cream Cashew Ice Cream
- 1 Package of Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies
- 1 Package of Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Double Chocolate Cookies
- Rice Whip (optional topping)
- Chocolate Stevia Syrup (optional topping)
- Crush the cookies in separate plastic bags. Use a rolling pin or your fist!
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream and roll in the vanilla honey cookie crumbs to coat. Repeat until you've used all the ice cream.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate cookies n' cream ice cream and roll in the chocolate cookie crumbs to coat. Repeat until you've used all the ice cream.
- Place the cookie coated ice cream bombs on a plate and refreeze them in the freezer to reset (depending on how long they've been out) before enjoying!
- Top with rice whip and chocolate stevia syrup (even sprinklelz) if desired!
There you go! A nice easy treat of vegan “fried ice cream BOMBS! Perfect for so many occasions or no occasion at all 😉 We all could use a little more ice cream and cookies in our lives, right?
So tell me:
+ Who’s your favorite Food Network celebrity?
+ If you could have your own TV show, what would it be?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell