Show someone a little love with a batch of Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes for a delicious & healthy, but decadent breakfast! A simple recipe that's gluten-free & vegan so the love can be shared with all!
***This post has been updated in July 2016. Original writing stands***
Valentine's Day is just 3 days away (2 if you don't count today), but the lovey-dovey recipes have been popping up in the blog world for weeks now. I am jumping on the bandwagon and posting one of my own today! I received some heart-shaped pancakes molds for Christmas and thought it would be the perfect "love-filled" breakfast inspiration for a Valentine's Day recipe.
I made these pancakes, or"heartcakes", the first time in December and then had to hold myself back from posting them so I could use it as my V-Day surprise for you! This is a single-serve recipe, but you could easily make two batches and share one with your Valentine...or just eat both yourself (I won't judge)! So in traditional vegan, gluten-free, healthy pancake style, I give you my Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes!
Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes
Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes
Show someone a little love with a batch of Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes for a delicious & healthy, but decadent breakfast! A simple pancake recipe that's gluten-free, nut-free, single-serve, & vegan so the love can be shared with all!
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, then add the water, extract, and raspberries.
- Mix until you have a nice smooth batter and let it sit while you heat up a non-stick pan.
- Heat a greased skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Grease your heart molds with oil as well (if you don't have one, just make regular pancakes.)
- Place the mold in the center of the pan and then pour in about ⅓ of the batter to the mold.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges seem dry, about 2 minutes. Lift the mold off (you may need to push the edges a bit with a knife) and flip with a spatula to cook the other side, about another 2 minutes.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter. Then top with more raspberries and chocolate stevia syrup if desired!
Are you one of those Valentine's Day haters? I have never had a problem with this "media/marketing sensationalized" holiday. It is what it is; just a reminder to express some love to your loved one(s). It reminds you to slow down and show them that even though you might not show your love every day, you do love them through and through. But keep it simple: a bunch of flowers, a box of sweets, a simple hand-written letter, a date night, or these heartcakes. Even if it's simple, it will still be appreciated...and if not...maybe you should ditch the person 😉
So tell me:
+ Are you making a special Valentine's Day meal this year? I have a great new dinner recipe for you guys tomorrow! So if you are stuck on what to make, I've got you covered 😉
+ Are you a Valentine's Day hater?
----------------------------------------------Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin': Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell