“Better Than Carvel” Homemade Gluten-Free Vegan Ice Cream Cake
You don’t need to forgo your favorite ice cream cake any longer! A “Better Than Carvel” Homemade Gluten-Free Vegan Ice Cream Cake no-bake recipe will take you back to those sweet & celebratory memories with your favorite dessert!
- Take out the 2 pints of ice cream and set on the counter to soften.
- Mix together the quick oats, cocoa powder, and liquid sweetener in a large bowl.
- Grease the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and line the sides of the pan with a strip of parchment or wax paper.
- Press the base mixture down into the bottom of the springform pan. Then scoop out the entire container of chocolate ice cream and layer that in, smoothing it out with a spatula. Do the same with the container of vanilla ice cream. Finally, spread on the container of cocowhip.
- Place the cake in the freezer to set again now that it’s been out for a bit.
- Once the cake has reset, place a large round lid lightly in the center of the cake and sprinkle the sprinkelz around the edge of the cake top that is still exposed. Then remove the lid and place the crumbled cookies in the center.
- Reset in the freezer for an hour or so (if necessary) before removing from the pan, peeling away the parchment paper, cutting, and serving!
*You can also use gluten-free rolled oats, but give them a few pulses in a food processor first.
**If you can’t do tree nuts, you can swap the chocolate and vanilla cashew ice creams with So Delicious coconut-based ice creams instead!