Vegan French Toast (Gluten-Free, Eggless)
The BEST Vegan French Toast recipe you will ever make! Perfectly gluten-free, eggless, and allergy-free, this easy French toast is made with 7 simple ingredients and made in less than 10 minutes! A classic family-friendly breakfast or brunch idea that's made with plant-based ingredients you already have; sweet and cinnamony, just pick your toppings of choice and devour!
- Author: Rebecca Pytell
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Prep your gluten-free bread by lightly toasting it in a toaster until the outside is just slightly crisp or leaving it out on paper towels overnight to dry.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, chickpea flour, sweetener, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, and vanilla until there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on the stove with a pat of butter over medium heat.
- Dip each bread slice in the eggy mixture for about 10 seconds with both sides submerged. Let excess mixture drip off before immediately placing the dipped bread on the hot skillet.
- Pan-fry the bread for 3-4 minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat the process for the remaining bread slices, making sure to stir the eggy mixture between slices. Add more non-dairy milk to the mixture if needed.
- Keep your gluten-free French toast warm between batches by placing the finished slices on a clean wire rack over a baking sheet in the oven at 250°F until your ready to serve.
- Store Leftovers by letting your French toast cool completely after you've pan-fried it. Place the slices on a wire rack to prevent fogginess. Wrap the cooled slices in foil and place them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze by letting each cooked slice cool completely on a wire rack before wrapping each slice tightly in foil. Place the wrapped slices in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 4 months.
- Reheat Leftovers by placeing your french toast slices on a baking sheet and heating the French toast at 350°F in the oven or a toaster oven for about 10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through. If you are reheating frozen French toast, do not thaw the toast beforehand. Reheat the frozen French toast the same way, at 350°F in the oven or toaster oven, for about 10-12 minutes.
Keywords: French toast, vegan French toast, eggless French toast, gluten-free French toast, classic French toast, dairy-free French toast