Perfectly baked and zesty lemon rosemary chicken breasts for an easy weeknight dinner recipe. A quick gluten-free and paleo option to flavor up bland chicken with just two simple ingredients! Paired with savory paprika oregano roasted acorn squash and you have a complete family meal!
I eat minimal animal products. I only eat chicken and fish (i.e.: salmon, tilapia, flounder, barramundi, tuna, sardines) and I only have them as a protein option for dinner. Otherwise I am all about a vegan approach to eating, but I don't believe I would fully remove these animal proteins from my diet. My body functions best with them included and that's okay with me!
I do believe you should choose organic, sustainable, humanely-treated products when you can even if they do cost more. So that is my stance on eating minimal animal products. Cutting dairy, eggs, and all other meats was so easy for me and I would never go back to eating them. But everyone should listen to their own unique body and choose what best works for them and keeps them energized and healthy!
Now to the recipes. When I cook I NEVER use salt so my spice cabinet is jam-packed with every spice and herb under the sun to flavor my food. I love playing with flavors, but some times I want something a little more traditional. And that is what you get with these Lemon Rosemary Baked Chicken Breasts. For a nice side dish I give you my recipe for the best Baked Paprika Oregano Acorn Squash.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Perfectly baked and zesty lemon rosemary chicken breasts for an easy weeknight dinner recipe. A quick gluten-free and paleo option to flavor up bland chicken with just two simple ingredients!
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, zest and juice 2 lemons completely. Add all spices and herbs and mix.
- Add the chicken, mix and coat on all sides. Place the bowl (covered or uncovered) in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the chicken from the fridge and pour all the bowls contents into a greased baking dish and place in the oven for 35 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- Let sit for five minutes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
Baked Paprika Oregano Acorn Squash
Ingredients: (serves 4-6)
2 Acorn Squash
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- Wash each Squash and pierce with a knife, then microwave each for about 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to make them soft! You just want to heat them enough that you will be able to easily cut them.
- Cut each squash in half, scoop out the seeds and "guts" (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this), cut each half in half again, then cut into half rings, like so...
- Repeat for the other squash then, place the halves on a non-stick baking sheet (I just use a cooking sheet with foil and rub a bit of oil down).
- I don't measure my spices so put on amounts that will please your mouth.
- Then place the sheets in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the halves are soft and a little shriveled.
So what's your take on "eating animals"?
Any awesome chicken recipes I should know about? Feel free to link up in the comments!