It’s really hard to be happy all the time. No wait, it’s impossible to be happy ALL the time. That’s not human nature, but that’s okay. The majority of these cold winter days are not what I would call “happiness helpers” either. At least for me, when the days stay dark and cold, I fell dark and cold myself. But I’ve been trying to change that. How? By finding happiness in the little things. The little moments and things we so often overlook and don’t really internalize enough to really appreciate. I’ve noticed that by doing this, I am able to get through the day with just a little more happiness and appreciation for life. Even if I forget to internalize these little things during the day, I always make sure to reflect back as I’m lying in bed, about to go to sleep.
And I think, over time, all these little things add up to big things and greater lasting happiness. That’s great, you bought a new car or you’re going on a cruise, but those things don’t create lasting happiness. To create lasting happiness, we need to start appreciating and piling up the little things. Each day is filled with them, thus, a more lasting happiness will be created in life. So here are some of the little things that I’ve taken notice to over the last week that have brought me some happiness.
1. That first sip of bitter black coffee.
2. The smell of a wood burning stove or fireplace in the houses I pass on my runs.
3. Crispy sweet Pacific Rose Apples and Asian Pears.
4. The satisfaction of crossing something off my to-do list.
5. Seeing a cute black lab wearing little purple booties while on a walk with his owner.
6. Calling my mom right before I go to sleep, just to hear her voice.
7. A nice hot shower after a cold 7.26 mile run.
8. Balancing in revolved moon forever and zoning out.
9. Clean sheets.
10. Waking up before (almost) everyone.
11. Wearing comfy moccasins.
12. Getting packages in the mail.
13. Opening a new container of unsweetened cocoa powder.
14. Thinking about all that I’ve built (by myself) on this (once) little blog.
15. Those rare moments when the sun does pop out.
16. Sweater headbands.
17. Having the TV on TBS every morning and listening to episodes of Love and Marriage.
18. Crafting my blog posts over the weekend and having them all set to go.
19. All the squirrels in DC.
20. Breakfast. Enough said.
21. Creating clarity through writing.
23. The random teachers/professors from surrounding area schools, meeting on Friday mornings down in the gym (while I’m there) for there group workout sessions.
24. The janitor lady in the public health building who knows me (I’m always super early for class in the morning).
25. Getting under the covers and laying my head down on the pillow, another day in the books.
Happy Power Monday and happy Groundhog Day! Haha 🙂 XOXO
So tell me:
+ What little things from the past week have brought you some happiness?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell