1. I'll just jump right in and say...I had a great first day of school! There was no need for the nerves I felt this morning. Of course the stress about work is still there, but at least I like all my classes and teachers. Since I am a senior this year I was able to choose most of the classes I wanted, nothing mandatory except math and English. But here are the classes I am officially taking this year: AP Latin, Honors English IV, AP Photo, AP Psych, AP Government and Politics, Ancient History, Pre-calc I, Business Law, (Health and Gym obviously), Crime and Justice, and Forensics. Some are full year courses while 4 are ½ year electives so I have 2 the first semester and 2 the next. I filled my schedule so I have no done time like lunch or study hall, but I always hated those periods so I just eat lunch during one of my classes. All seems good and I can't wait to see how this year plays out. It should be a good (but stressful) one! Plus now I am one more day closer to GRADUATING!
2. Purple Toes! I needed to freshin' up my polish for school, so I chose the classy color of purple 🙂 I used Confetti Cosmetics Belle of the Ball polish. It describes the color as a deep lilac. Confetti is a cheap drugstore brand, but it actually has awesome polish. The color lasts a really long time!
3. The grocery had wild salmon on sale this week! Of course I had to pick some up. Here is how I spiced it up:
Smoked Paprika Turmeric Crusted Salmon
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 large Salmon Fillet (they gave me .88oz so I split the fillet with my brother.)
- 1 ¼ tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 ¼ tsp of Turmeric
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- A sprinkling of Garlic and Onion Powder
- 1 TB of Dried Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a foiled and lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Place your salmon down and pour on all the seasonings (adjust to your tastes).
- Cook the salmon for 15 minutes or until it flakes apart easily.
- Super quick and easy, but simply delicious!
4. I was featured on NJ Bloggers the other day and forgot to tell you guys! I sent in my "spotlight application" in the beginning of the summer but it finally was put up, yay!
Alright, that is all I have for today! It ended up being a good day (not weather wise! It is cloudy and muggy just like yesterday, what a first day bummer!) but I am exhausted and just want to chill tonight and start gathering and planning school materials for tomorrow and next week! See y'all tomorrow with the Friday Finisher!
So tell me:
How was your first day back to school (if you are currently going to school)?
Do you like painting your nails bright colors or dark colors? I usually always go with something bright and fun, even in the winter.