This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.
Celebrate the Spring with a batch of Paleo Strawberry Coconut Thumbprint Cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and grain-free! A fruity dessert recipe you’ll be baking up beyond the season!
Strawberries! That early spring berry that I started seeing in the stores at the end of February! Was that earlier than usual? I think so. As long as they’re on sale, why pass up the opportunity? It’s funny, but during the spring I always feel the need to bake even more. Yes, it’s starting to get warmer, but all the produce starts to come out in abundance and the fruitiness of what’s to come can be smelled a mile from the grocery.
All those sweet and fruity treat ideas start popping up in my head…I just can’t help it! Cookies or a quick bread are always my go-tos for getting back into the swing of baking. They never fail me and I hadn’t baked much since the new year, so I knew cookies or a sweet bread would help dust off the baking gears. As you can see, I decided on some cookies, strawberry coconut thumbprint cookies that is! I was really craving something coconut and after seeing strawberries everywhere, I thought I’d combine the two in a beautiful fruity arranged marriage!
I even went so far as to test out a new-to-me flour. Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour! It’s a combo of almond flour, arrowroot starch, organic coconut flour, and tapioca flour that’s formulated to take any of the iffy guess-work out of paleo and grain-free baking. Bonus? It smells really good! Is that weird? Well, it’s true and it tastes delicious so I guess that’s just a double win!
I made the cookie part out of the Paleo Baking Flour, shredded coconut, and coconut oil so it would be super coconutty! Then I made a makeshift quick strawberry jam with some mashed strawberries and agar agar powder to gel it up a bit. Drizzled with a super easy glaze to tie it all together and boy…these strawberry coconut thumbprint cookies were heaven! Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, and vegan? O yes, we’re going to have a very happy spring!
Paleo Strawberry Coconut Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)Print
Paleo Strawberry Coconut Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Celebrate the Spring with a batch of Paleo Strawberry Coconut Thumbprint Cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and grain-free! A fruity dessert recipe you’ll be baking up beyond the season! ad
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Strawberry Jam:
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 2 TB Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Agar Powder
- Cookie Dough:
- 1 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 TB Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup Lite Culinary Coconut Milk
- Icing Drizzle:
- ½ Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 3 Tsp Water
- Extra Shredded Coconut (to top)
- In a bowl, heat in the microwave until you can easily mash the strawberries and mix in the agar and erythritol. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours until slightly gelled.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cookie dough ingredients mix and knead together with your hands.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- With the cookie dough, form 9 balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) and spread them out on the lined baking sheet. Press them down a bit to flatten.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and press the center down with your thumb to make an imprint.
- Fill each imprint with about 1 tsp of the strawberry jam and then place bake in the oven to bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- To make the icing drizzle, just combine the powdered erythritol and water. Mix well and pour into a small plastic bag, cutting one of the corners for easy drizzle squeezing.
- Once the cookies are done baking and have cooled a bit, drizzle on the icing and sprinkle one extra shredded coconut if desired.
- Serving Size: 1
These smell and taste so buttery and delicious! Perfectly sweet and satisfying for a little afternoon pick-me-up. Strawberry and coconut are definitely going to be a new favorite combo of mine! So, are you ready for some spring cookie baking yet? Why don’t we all start with these strawberry coconut thumbprint cookies, deal?
So tell me:
+ What’s your favorite thing to bake in the Spring?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.