St. Patrick's Day is either a normal day or a day of some great food and celebration of Irish heritage for most of us. To me, March 17th, is a day I won't ever forget. This is the third year I've felt this. It encompasses so many emotions. From anger to sadness and and frustration. But also understanding and that these shitty, life-changing days do happen. They happen to everyone and will always happen. There will always be a day or days that leave a scar on your heart. Some more mild and some so horrible they can be unimaginable. But it's inevitable and they're all difficult to forget.
What I've learned from this day and other days that have left scars, is that you must let the bad feelings go and find something else to get out of those days. From death, illness, divorce, and other tragedy, there is always something else, however small, that can be taken from those days. Through the pain, once it dissipates, you will be able to find:
- Creativity: These days may spark an interest in expressing your feelings in an artistic and new way. Paints, drawing, singing, writing. I've used this day in many writing pieces I've done. It has given me great raw and honest material.
- Strength: You survived the day. Even though it will come up again year after year, you survived the pain once and you can survive it and the memories again.
- Clarity: It's hard to come to terms with something the day it happens. but as the years go by, we can begin to rationalize it and understand a bit more. We aren't flooded with emotions and have time to come to terms with it.
- Relationships: Sometimes these days may make us lose someone or have a relationship crumble. They can also invite new relationships from connections to those who had common experiences or strength relationships that may have been brought together and closer than they were before.
- Gratitude: O, it's hard to be grateful for a long time after one of these days scars you. But once we can find gratitude, it's a beautiful thing. The life we do have, the things we still hold. It isn't all lost and there is so much to still be grateful for. I promise.
- A Kick In The Pants: (aka Motivation) Some of these days that occur may be event that lead us to that push we've always needed. That puch to let go of something and go for something new. Something we truly want in life, but may have been to scared to try. Life is precious and every moment should count.
- A Story: Like I said with my writing and the material it has given me, these days give us stories. Real, raw, honest, emotional stories. These stories have impact and show that life is so complex, complicated, and unforgettable. These events allow us to connect and realize we're not alone. We're never alone.
It takes time, scars will heal, but the mark will always be there. They create memories we can never forget, but we can grow and take something from them over time.
So tell me:
+ No questions, just your thoughts if you'd like.
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell