No more boring lunches! These Grilled Green Goddess Wraps are full of green goodness and nutrition with a lima bean spread, broccoli, and hearts of palm! Gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan, these wraps are a healthy recipe that’s school or work friendly and freezable!
Let’s get wrapping and knock those sad lunch sandwiches out of the park!
No longer will you have to figure out something hearty, delicious, and o so not boring to bring to lunch, at your desk, school, etc. I have the best solution to make all your peers and coworkers jealous!
I had been wanting to make some wraps as I finally got my hands on the AMAZING BFree Foods gluten-free, vegan, and soy-free bread products! Notably their killer wraps. They needed some recipe love and spotlight time on the blog. Then I got the BIGGEST (random) craving for lima beans! We used to eat lima beans on the reg, while I was growing up. One of my and my brother’s favorite food (with those fish sticks…). For some reason I haven’t had them in such a long time, I couldn’t even remember! A tragedy!
With my craving for lima beans ignited, I knew exactly how I would incorporate the little green legume. They have so much flavor and are so distinct; a flavorful spread/hummus/pesto for my wraps seemed like the perfect idea! Keeping with a green theme, I decided to go “green goddess“. My lima bean spread + broccoli + hearts of palm for a creamy “sultry” bite. And of course, since this is the season of all things grilled, grilling these wraps was obligatory!
You start with the wrap and the spread on 2/3 of the wrap. Then layer on some raw sliced broccoli and sliced whole hearts of palm. Then you fold it up like a burrito, place it on a grill pan (mine is getting so much use lately!), grill for just a few minutes on each side to seal it and make the raw broccoli tender and spread creamy. Then devour right then, or you can even wrap them in foil and freeze or save them in the fridge for later! Perfect for school, work, and anytime you’re in a lunch-rut!
I wrote this recipe to make only 2 wraps, but it can so easily be doubled for 4 or tripled! Which, believe me, after you taste your first one, you’ll want one every day! Now, 1, 2, 3, let’s get WRAPPING!
Grilled Green Goddess Wraps
- Lima Bean Spread:
- 1 Cup Cooked Baby Lima Beans
- 2 TB Nutritional Yeast
- 2 TB Chopped Parsley
- ½ Tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Large Gluten-free Vegan Wraps
- 1 Cup Raw Broccoli (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 Whole Hearts of Palm (sliced lengthwise)
- In a food processor, blend together all the lima bean spread ingredients until you get a thick hummus texture.
- Take one wrap and lay it out flat. Spread ⅓ cup (half the lima bean spread) on ⅔s of the wrap. Then take about half the raw sliced broccoli and layer that on top of the spread. Take on of the sliced whole hearts of palm and so the same.
- Roll the wrap like a burrito, tucking in the ends.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and grill the wrap, seam side down first, for about 2 minutes. Flip the wrap over and grill the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat this process for the other wrap(s).
So creamy, so grilled(?), so delicious! The meaty hearts of palm, tender and slightly crunchy broccoli, plus that noochy lima bean spread all tucked into that grilled wrap is indescribable! I may of may not have dipped mine in ketchup (don’t judge!) Dipping them in some of my homemade green goddess sauce would be a stellar idea too! Anyway you do it, I hope you enjoy them; I know I did! Now I can’t stop the love for lima beans (I’ve been stocking up on frozen bags every week and the grocery now!)
So tell me:
+ Are you a lima bean fan?
+ Wrap or sandwich? That depends, but wraps are pretty fun!
Facebook: Strength and Sunshine
Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine
Google+: Rebecca Pytell