Put those ripe strawberries to good use in this healthy, sweet, and delicious quick bread recipe! This Gluten-Free Strawberry Quick Bread is vegan, allergy-free, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or as a seasonal snack! It’s spring and summer baking at its finest!
I know it can’t just be me when I say I just LOVE strawberry season! The sweet aroma, beautiful bright color, and perfect blissful bite of a super fresh ripe strawberry is like no other. Strawberry season came early to New Jersey this year. Walking into the grocery stores in April to find $1.99 containers of perfect strawberries…how glorious! Eating strawberries straight from the carton is great, but why don’t we put those beautiful berries to use in another way…
Showcasing them in a simple and easy quick bread recipe seemed like the perfect avenue to take! You know I love baking up sweet quick breads, so why not add a gluten-free strawberry quick bread to the list? You’re going to love this bread! It’s so simple and so naturally sweet. I used those beautiful fresh strawberries chopped up and folded into the batter, as well as some strawberry preserves! This quick bread came out so moist, soft, and o so scrumptious!
Let me back up a bit. I mentioned the wonderful sweet smell of fresh strawberries and being blasted with the aroma whenever I walk into the store now! That is literally my favorite thing about strawberries! The smell! I think I could just stick my nose into a container and breath in the aroma all day (haha)! So imagine those wonderful smells amplified 10x while a strawberry quick bread is baking in the oven! Kitchen glory and more reasons to still bake during the spring and summer months!
Fun fact! Actually not so fun…My mom is allergic to strawberries! I baked this gluten-free gem of a bread for her for Mother’s Day…bad idea. I have to remember no strawberries, no bananas, and no black pepper when I want her to be eating my food! This strawberry quick bread may be gluten-free, vegan, and top 8 allergy-free, but I guess if you’re like my mom…you should probably make this bread instead! But hey! More strawberries for you and me, eh?
Gluten-Free Strawberry Quick Bread
- 1 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Erythritol (or preferred granulated sweetener)
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Prepared "Egg" Replacer
- ⅓ Cup Strawberry Preserves
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ Tsp Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh Chopped Strawberries (plus more for slices to top bread)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Now mix in the "egg", preserves, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Finally fold in the strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8x4 loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Place a few strawberry slices on top, if desired, before baking the loaf in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- To freeze: cool completely, slice the loaf, and wrap each slice in wax paper before storing in a plastic bag in the freezer.
For a strawberry sweet breakfast, brunch, dessert, or afternoon snack, this gluten-free strawberry quick bread would be perfect for you to bake up! It’s a great sweet and healthy bread for the kids to enjoy too! Fruit is nature’s candy, eh? Nothing beats the sweetness! When you have an abundance of one particular fruit or veggie, baking it up in a quick bread is always a good idea 😉
So tell me:
+ What’s your favorite way to use strawberries? I sense I’ll be seeing a lot of “chocolate-covered” in the comments 😉
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell