Getting back to the table with 6 family favorite gluten-free dinner recipes. Amidst the chaos and hustle of the school year, gathering around the table for a nourishing, healthy meal with great company, laughs, and love is essential for reconnecting and de-stressing!
August’s Theme – Back To The Dinner Table: After the hustle and bustle of the holiday/vacation season, August is the time many families get ‘back to routine.’ Show us your favorite recipe to help families get ‘back to the dinner table.’ It might be a favorite family recipe from your childhood that you’ve ReDuxed; or maybe it’s your family’s current favorite. Let’s all gather back at the table!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is all about getting back to the table with the ones you love for nourishing healthy meals, laughs, and love. Even though my family is not a "sit-around-the-table" family, I still love the idea of the classic family dinner. When we're all tired and stressed from a long day at work or school, knowing there is a place to talk it out, with ones who love and care about you, is a wonderful feeling. Not only can the conversation be enriching, but the healthy food shared around the table can make memorable moments for years to come. This is where traditions form and love grows greater. So I thought back to some of the meals I've shared with my family that became instant favorites. All these recipes are of course gluten-free, dairy, egg, soy, and nut free. Easy to prepare, delicious, and everyone in the family will love them so you won't have to cook 50 different dishes to satisfy or accommodate every different person!
1. Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken - This has been a long time favorite with my family. It also couldn't be easier to throw together since it's made in the slow cooker! All you need is chicken, a jar of your favorite salsa, and some additional spices to make it a touch more "homemade". Effortless healthy entree!
2. Gluten-Free & Vegan "Spaghetti and Meatballs" - Who doesn't love the classic spaghetti and meatballs? No one...that's who! Now everyone in the family can enjoy no matter what allergies you have AND you can have double or triple servings without packing in the heavy calories and carbs!
3. Italian Chickpea Casserole - More Italian, but it's a cuisine that always is associated with comfort and love! A lightened up 100% plant-based casserole that will fill those hungry bellies is the best way possible!
4. Raw Balsamic Tahini Beet Noodles - This will always stick out in my mind as a family favorite and one of my personal favorites on the blog. Being a lover of beets and tahini, this dish just make my mouth water! Looks fancy, but really is super easy and full or amazing flavors!
5. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken - I made this dish last summer right before my family departed ways as the school year began. It was a great "final" farewell dish that everyone loved! Just like the salsa chicken, this chicken is made in the slow cooker with just bbq sauce, chicken, and some bell peppers!
6. Indian Christmas Rice - Don't let the title fool you; this rice is perfect all year-round! My family devoured this rice! I thought I would have leftovers, but that didn't happen 😛 Creamy, warming, and full of healthy whole grains, the coconut milk is the star of the show in this dish!
6 great recipes that will bring the family running to the dinner table! It's time to create memories in a nourishing and wholesome way. Great conversation, love, and food! That's what life is about, right? Enjoy!
So tell me:
+ What are some of your family favorite dinner meals?
*Recipe linking up for the week! Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek, #StrangeButGood, Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Savoring Saturdays, Tasty Tuesdays,Lena’s Tasty Tuesdays, Waste Not Want Not!*Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell