In a season of busy, having healthy meals on hand to feed and nourish your family should be a priority. With these 6 fall inspired gluten-free vegan freezer meals, healthy dinners can be served in a snap!
September’s Theme – Fantastic Freezer Meals: Share your tips and tricks for making one – or more freezer meals. It’s the end of the gardening season for some of us; let’s store away that produce in heat-and-eat-from-the-freezer-meals. Show how convenient healthy freezer breakfast, lunches or dinners can be!
I am totally diggin’ this month’s Recipe ReDux theme! Let me tell you about my love of the freezer. We were never a big freezer meal family when I was growing up. I guess because I didn’t have parents who “cooked” and “prepped” meals. But when I started cooking myself and making too much for just me or 2 other people, the freezer became my best friend. Since I’m such a anti-food waste advocate, being able to freeze the quantities of large dinner recipes I have leftover is wonderful. But the greatest bonus is I always know I have a healthy meal option on hand for any busy night of the week that I may not get time to cook something new. So in this season of busy I know a lot of you don’t have time to cook every night, but having pre-cooked meals on hand in the freezer would be a perfect solution. You can cook them up on the weekend and defrost/heat-up as needed. All these recipes are gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan, meaning no meat (safer for freezing and heating up in my mind!).
1. Chana Masala – My #1 favorite recipe of all time, chana masala! This dish made me fall in love with Indian food and has always been my favorite meal since. So easy to throw together in one skillet on the stove, let cool, and freeze! Simply reheat on the stove and serve with some naan, rice, tortilla, whatever!
2. Smokey Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup – I’m pretty sure soup is the most iconic freezer meal (not to mention totally fall-inspired!). Nothing could be easier than whipping up a large batch of soup by roasting some veggies, throwing them in a blender and bam. Easy soup perfection, perfect for freezing in portions!
3. Savory Pumpkin Lentil Tacos – These have always been my favorite tacos! Yes, and they have pumpkin! To freeze these, all you have to do is cook up the one-pot creamy lentil and veggie mixture before hand, then freeze. When you’re ready to serve, just get out those taco shells and dinner is served!
4. Cajun Stuffed Bell Peppers – What I love about “stuffed” things is how easy it is to take out how many you need from the freezer. Maybe it’s just you tonight or maybe you and your son. You don’t have to take out the whole batch, but just the ones you need!
5. Comforting Veggie Bean Chili – Want a hearty soup? This bean backed “chili” is one of my favorites! I’m not much of a soup person to begin with, and much prefer something super hearty that you chew (but can still use a spoon)!
6. Vegan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – These are also and will always remain in my top favorite recipes! Think lentils, hummus, and veggies cooked on the stove then stuffed in portobello caps and baked. Pure comfort food! Again, a wonderful “stuffed” thing to freeze, but you could also just freeze the mixture and then stuff and back the mushrooms the day of if you have time too!
My freezer is always stocked. From actual meals, to frozen veggies, fruits, purees, and loads of baked goods! I always have these Buckwheat English Muffin Buns on hand too for a quick side in a snap, heated in the microwave! Now happy meal-prepping so you can freeze all these healthy fall dinner recipes and never be without a great dinner!
So tell me:
+ Do you have a go-to or favorite freezer meal?
+ Do you utilize your freezer, or neglect it’s preserving, quick-access capabilities?
*Recipe linking up for the week! Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood, Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays, Lena’s Tasty Tuesdays, Waste Not Want Not!*Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell