No eggs in this breakfast scramble! A protein-packed Vegan Chickpea Scramble that’s soy-free, gluten-free, top 8 allergy-free, and grain-free. It’s a savory and sustaining breakfast recipe that will fuel your day right!
Here it is! Fret no longer! All of your egg-free needs are now fulfilled, just like I promised! I’ve shown you how to make an omellete, bake, and now a scramble! It ain’t so hard being egg-free, huh? Now, I’m not into savory breakfasts, but I know a lot of you are. Plus I know a lot of you want a big dose of protein to last you through the morning.
When I whipped this up, I had it as a wonderful protein “main” to my dinner! This vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free scramble is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! When you have all that plant-based protein from the chickpeas and chickpea flour along with nutrient rich veggies like bell peppers and mushrooms, you’ve got a pretty nutritious meal! Don’t forget the ketchup 😉
Well, you could it this naked too. But ketchup is just a must in my opinion! Or avocado! That would rock! O wait, maybe some hot sauce too! The topping possibilities are endless! When I was a kid and still ate eggs, I remember topping my scrambles with maple syrup! The sweet savory thing, yea 😉
I’m pretty sure that was mostly my topping of choice when we went out to breakfast though. Big plates of eggs, bacon, pancakes, all topped with loads of maple syrup. However, the last time I ever got breakfast out was an omelet. This was about a month before I found out I had Celiac and I thought my problem was just dairy. Well many restaurants put pancakes batter in their omelets to make them extra fluffy…(I think I’ve told you this story before)…and yea. That day ended in horrible pain, suffering, and sickness. Breakfast is hard to do when you have allergies and a restricted diet. Restaurants just have not gotten on the allergy-friendly, cruelty-free bandwagon just yet. But I don’t mind, breakfast at home is the way to go!
Vegan Chickpea Scramble
- Heat a greased saute pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions. Saute for about 3 minutes until things begin to sweat.
- Mix together the smashed chickpeas, flour, water, spices, nutritional yeast, and parsley in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the sauteing veggies and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let cook for about 5-8 minutes to thicken up.
- Once things look like they are coming together, mash and "scramble" up the mixture with a spatula.
- Continue to cook uncovered for about 2-3 more minutes keeping the mixture scrambled.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for a minute or 2 before taking the spatula and removing the scramble.
- Top with ketchup or other topping of choice (avocado, salsa, hot sauce, more nutritional yeast, maple syrup!)
This was so good and so satisfying from all the protein! I dare you to switch up you favorite egg breakfast and swap it with this! Just give it a try and you’ll see just how delicious (AND cruelty-free) egg-free can be! Considering 1 egg contains about 6g of protein, but 1/4 cup of chickpea flour alone has 6g, you already blew the protein mark out of the park with this whole recipe! Woohoo!
So tell me:
+ If you’re an egg-eater, will you take my egg-free challenge and swap on egg breakfast out to try this dish?
+ What’s you favorite breakfast topping? Nowadays I love me some protein frosting 😉
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell