Personal mini carrot cake bundts for you and a friend! Easy, gluten-free, vegan cakes with a center stuffed with “cream cheese” frosting and decorated with coconut and sprinkles! Have your cake and eat it too!
Carrot cake! My favorite type of cake there is! I always say, if you want to make me a birthday cake, make it carrot cake (yes, even over chocolate!) I don’t know if it’s from my love for veggies, that carrots are orange and my favorite color, or that sweet lovely carrot cake makes me feel the SPRING joy! Whatever it is, I know for sure that I LOVE carrot cake! And when I can make them mini…well…I think we know what that means!
I’m definitely not one to say carrot cake is seasonal either (just like pumpkin), but it does make me think of all things Spring and Easter. Happy, glorious, sunshine and warm weather! So yes, I’m sure you’re being bombarded with carrot cake treats right now, but these are one of the best and you’ll be glad you stuck around!
My grandmother always makes her “Bunny” Carrot Cake for Easter. I used to love that adorable cake! It was 2 round sheet cakes, 1 would be cut in half to make 2 moon shaped ears, and then the entire thing would be frosted in a cream cheese frosting with shredded coconut (fur), jelly bean eyes and smile, and licorice whiskers! So adorable! Now, obviously I haven’t had that cake in years, but I do remember it fondly!
I won’t be stopped from having my traditional food and treats, as you know! I decided I had to whip up my own carrot cake treat, stat! They may not be bunnies, but they are adorable mini bundts stuffed with cream cheese frosting! When I saw mini bundt pans at my grocery a few weeks ago…it was obvious what needed to be done! To make these super fancy but super easy, I used some of my favorite go-to ingredients. 1: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, which is already blended for you for the best taste, texture, and baking ease! It also has on of my favorite flours in it, sorghum! This gives it that light fresh “gluten” cake quality that you’d find in a typical wheat recipe. 2: Daiya Cream Cheese (I told you it was my new obsession!) 3: The easiest “fancy” toppings of Let’s Do Organic shredded coconut and Sprinklz!
You could of course double this recipe for 4 bundts or halve it for 1, but I had 2, so here you go! Just measure out your simple ingredients, mix, pour, and bake! Then once they’re cool, dollop in the cream cheese frosting, shake on some coconut and sprinkles! Then grab a buddy and share these mini carrot cake bundts, soaking up all the Spring and Easter season joys!
Before I give you the full recipes though, let’s chat. A few weeks ago I asked you how you like your carrot cake. Be it stuffed with pineapple, nuts, all the fixings, or plain just carrot. Cream cheese and coconut frosting or naked, maybe a drizzle? Everyone’s preferences were different, but one thing that I do not like in my carrot cake…nuts! Never ever nuts! Pineapple is okay, depending, but please, no nuts! However, I do need coconut to be included as well as a nice sweet cream cheese frosting! Those are musts for me! Tons of carrot, coconut, and that frosting!
Nuts just ruin it. Just like chocolate chip cookies or banana bread…please, no nuts baked IN! You would see me picking them out so I could enjoy my moist cake free of random nut bits! Anyway, bunnies don’t like nuts (or pineapple for that matter!), they like carrots…and lots of them! Which makes me wonder why bunnies aren’t orange. Fun fact! Did you know if you drink fresh carrot juice then go outside in the sun for a few hours, your skin will turn a little orangy? Right!?
Mini Carrot Cake Bundts
- 1/2 Cup [url href=”http://amzn.to/1plcJia” target=”_blank”]Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour[/url]
- 1.2 Tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/22779B0″ target=”_blank”]Baking Powder[/url]
- 2 TB Carrot Puree (I use [url href=”http://amzn.to/1Rd4mej” target=”_blank”]baby food[/url]!)
- 3 TB Grated Carrot
- 1 TB [url href=”http://amzn.to/1plcXpj” target=”_blank”]Unsweetened Shredded Coconut[/url]
- 3 TB [url href=”http://amzn.to/1Rd4BWH” target=”_blank”]Granular Erythritol[/url]
- 1/2 Tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/1UZwOGw” target=”_blank”]Cinnamon[/url]
- 1/2 Tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/1LXwupK” target=”_blank”]Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract[/url]
- 1/4 Tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/1QNz95s” target=”_blank”]Ginger[/url]
- 1/4 Tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/21nhF1i” target=”_blank”]Nutmeg[/url]
- 6 TB Unsweetened Almond Milk
- [i]Frosting and Toppings:[/i]
- 2 TB Daiya Cream Cheese
- 2 TB [url href=”http://amzn.to/1Rd4BWH” target=”_blank”]Powdered Erythritol[/url]
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- [url href=”http://amzn.to/1plcXpj” target=”_blank”]Unsweetened Shredded Coconut[/url]
- [url href=”http://amzn.to/229Vf65″ target=”_blank”]Confetti-Style Sprinklez[/url]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and mix well to combine for a smooth batter.
- Grease 2 (8 ounce) [url href=”http://amzn.to/1YHXZ8Q” target=”_blank”]mini bundt cake molds[/url] and pour half the mixture into each mold. (It should fill about half way up in each).
- Now place then in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the cream cheese frosting my simple mixing the cream cheese, powdered erythritol, and lemon juice together.
- Once the cakes have baked and you’ve allowed them to cool, flip them out on to a plate. Spoon in the cream cheese frosting into the center “dug-out”. Then sprinkles on some extra shredded coconut and festive sprinkelz!
Simple, easy, and mighty delicious! Perfect mini carrot cake bundts for just the right amount of sweetness to bring some cheer to you day! If you don’t have someone to share the extra bundt with, why no the Easter Bunny? Did you do that growing up? We always left the Easter Bunny (just like Santa), a plate of food, like carrots and cookies! Of course he left us plastic eggs all hidden around the house to scavenge the next morning! Mutually beneficial relationship!
So tell me:
+ Did you leave the Easter Bunny goodies? (Or still do if you have kiddos!)
My extra treat to you, a coupon to get some Bob’s Red Mills to bake these little bundts up!
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine Google+: Rebecca Pytell
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.