Think it can't be done? Can you really please so many dietary needs? Believe it or not, you can! This is your Ultimate Guide to a Gluten-free, Allergy-Free, Vegan Thanksgiving dinner! From delicious recipes to food allergy safety tips! The best part is that no one will be left out or feel disappointed with this feast!
Don't worry, friends! Strength and Sunshine has you covered! You can still enjoy a delicious, cozy, HUGE American Thanksgiving feast even when you have celiac disease, food allergies, or are a vegan! Keeping things safe and plant-based isn't as complicated as you'd think! Whether you're the one hosting or not, I have all the recipes you'll need to complete the dinner table and all the tips and advice so no cross-contamination or food allergy mishaps occur! Ready? Let's dive in!
How To Be An Awesome Allergy-Free Host:
- Before you do anything else, be aware of any dietary needs your guests may have. From celiac disease (gluten-free) to food allergies (this guide focuses on the Top 9 allergens: dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, sesame, fish, and shellfish), to veganism (no meat). Asking and being aware is the first step in putting your guests (and self!) at ease! The links above are to my "What To Avoid" food allergy guides which will tell you ALL the offending foods!
- Refresh yourself on all the basics of cross-contamination. Since this Thanksgiving dinner I've put together for you is free of gluten and all the major food allergens, you won't have to worry about cooking contamination, but your kitchen, ingredients, and cooking equipment needs to be safe, clean, and contaminant-free!
- Maintain clean surfaces at all times and never take out an open allergen food when preparing the free-from meal or during the gathering. You may need to borrow safe cooking utensils (do not use the same contaminated cutting board!) from your free-from guests.
- LABEL! Label every dish you plan on serving and list the ingredients! Since you'll be using Strength and Sunshine recipes, you can simply print out the name and ingredient list of each recipe. Place it with the dish so your guests can read for themselves. Also, have the specific ingredient packages you used on hand. Don't throw anything out, as the brands you use matter, and even knowing the ingredients, food allergy and celiac guests like to know brand names!
- Each dish should be kept in separate serving dishes, covered, and have its own serving utensil. For the guests with actual food allergies or celiac disease, please allow them to be served first (even if the entire dinner is free-from! It's peace of mind!).
- Overall, maintain open lines of communication with your guests! Before, during, and after. Don't take it personally if a guest doesn't feel comfortable eating something you offer, either. Encourage them to bring a dish (which they were probably planning on doing anyway!).
Below you'll find your recipe options for planning your allergen-free menu! You'll find ALL the classics as well as some unique twists you may be so inclined to try out too! I always think choosing a good mix of traditional with some unique recipes thrown in always leads to the best feast possible!
Gluten-Free, Top 9 Allergen-Free, Vegan Thanksgiving Menu Recipes
Appetizers & Starters: (Choose 2-3)
- Smokey Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Red Winter Kale Salad
- Breaded Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
- Baked Mini Gluten-Free Vegan Mac & Cheese Bites
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus
- Savory Italian Tigernut Crackers
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas
Breads: (Choose 1-2)
- Rustic Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Old-Fashioned Gluten-Free Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
- Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Grain-Free Butternut Squash Bread
- Buckwheat Pumpkin Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Sourdough Garlic Bread
Side Dishes & Vegetables: (Choose 3-4)
- The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Stuffing
- Southern Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing
- Brown Rice Stuffing Casserole
- Healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Rustic Rosemary Thyme Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Tahini Celeriac Potato Salad (Allergen: Contains Sesame)
- Tahini Mashed Purple Sweet Potatoes (Allergen: Contains Sesame)
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow
- One-Pot Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Baked Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Warm Sorghum Salad with Roasted Kohlrabi, Apple, & Fennel
- 5-Minute Sugar-Free Cream Style Corn
- Baby Purple Brussels Sprouts
- "Thanksgiving" Roasted Butternut Squash
Condiments & Sauces: (Choose 2)
- Roasted Apple & Cranberry Sauce
- Easy Creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
Main Dishes: (Choose 1)
- Vegan Cauliflower Lentil Loaf
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Black Sesame Yogurt Sauce
- Creamy Autumn Pumpkin Pasta
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Tahini Garlic Sauce
- Cheesy Vegan Gluten-Free Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Rotini Pasta Alfredo with Shaved Brussels Sprouts
Desserts: (Choose...ALL OF THEM!)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Crustless Apple Pie
- Crustless Sweet Potato Pie
- Crustless Pecan Pie (Allergen: Contains Pecans)
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
- Classic Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- Grainless Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stuffed Caramel Apple Cookies
- Healing Tahini Hot Chocolate (Allergen: Contains Sesame)
I have a feeling you are going to have a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving this year! Whether you have food allergies, celiac disease, or happen to be vegan, whether you're the one hosting the gathering or attending, you have ALL the recipes you could ever need to have one delicious free-from Thanksgiving feast!
So tell me:
+ What is your #1 favorite Thanksgiving dish?
———————————————-Stay connected: Facebook: Strength and Sunshine Twitter: @RebeccaGF666 Instagram: rebeccagf666 Pinterest: RebeccaGF666 Bloglovin’: Strength and Sunshine